Chapter 26

Third Person's POV

At some point of the time, Joshua and Dokyeom along with their teammates and their opponent has started playing, the cheerleaders that had new members which were Hiah and Alliza started to lead the cheer, and the whole crowd at the bleachers found themselves going hysterical just to cheer for their teams.

Hiah had a lot of mistakes following the choreography of the cheer since she was more immersed on the game infront of her. She was basically multitasking; following Monika and the other cheerleaders but at the same time watching her bestfriend play basketball for the first time.

Joshua was indeed good, not contrasting to what Dokyeom said about him playing basketball for a long time. Well, it doesn't surprise her how talented in everything Joshua is, and she envies that part of him; he's always where he's happy and good at, he's not afraid of doing something new and different, but she's still glad that he was somewhat a ray of positivity for her.

"Player number three from the Tiger's scores a two!", The host exclaimed through the microphone and it echoed inside the whole stadium.

Hiah shook her pompoms in the air as she smiled widely looking at Dokyeom, while the crowd behind her went more wilder by the said added score to their team.

Dokyeom held out his fist and punched the air upwards as sort of celebration before running to where the ball went.

"DK is so cool!", Hiah heard from one of the cheerleaders infront of her despite all the noise, they were shouting all they could that anyone near them would hear what they were talking about.

"Yeah, I know right!!", Said the other one who was beside the one who talked first. "It's really amazing how he manages to be the mvp most of his plays!"

They both continued to converse in a shouting manner about how astounding Dokyeom can be, their eyes fixed on him, frantically waving their pompoms while they were at it. And listening to their conversation, Hiah found herself realizing about those stuff about Dokyeom too, they were right in all parts.

Most of the time, she sees how bright and funny Dokyeom is that it's kind of hard to comprehend, not to exaggerate, that Dokyeom can have a straight face focusing on the game he is having, he becomes serious whenever he's on the actual game and he just seemed to have a complete different persona. People tend to have a lot of surprises even their closest friends won't know, and she is well aware of that.

By the constant announcing of the scores by the host,  the game eventually came to the fourth and last quarter, and like yesterday, Dokyeom and Joshua's team which was the Tiger team was on the lead.

If they would keep it up by the last five minute, they will win again and be the champion in the Senior's department in basketball game.

Dokyeom and Joshua was really giving their all and their efforts doesn't disappoint them, they score in most of their attempts and Hiah has even come to think that when did they all practiced for this.

At the last seconds, everyone's attention were on Joshua who was running as he was bouncing the ball while trying to avoid the other players from his opponents team, he managed to get close to the ring, he was breathless yet it didn't stop him from bracing himself but before he could throw the ball into the hoop, before he could finish the game once and for all, he took a second to take a glance at Hiah who was cheerleading and at the same time holding her breath like everybody else was doing as she waited for the result.

The moment the ball went inside the ring, the timer rang indicating that the game is finally finished. "The ball went in before the time went out, therefore, the Tiger's team gets a point and is the champion for this year's basketball game in the Senior's department!!"