Chapter 18

Hiah's POV

If I would be asked if ever I would wake up in someone else's bed, what would I do? Simple. I would freak out. Like who wouldn't? It's not always you'd get to be not be sleeping on your own bed, and if I wasn't, I would also and definitely question if it was just a dream, or a nightmare.

At first I thought I was just hallucinating but this bed I'm on is too different to be mine. It was comfortable but it felt extremely dissimilar to what I was used to.

I slowly opened my eyes and was welcomed by a somewhat familiar room.

The first thing that came to mind when I got to look around was it was Joshua's, and I got to confirm it when I saw his family portrait hanging on the wall.

It's been awhile since I got here inside his room since their living room was my limit everytime I come over here inside their house, and it quite changed. He got a lot of new things and his gentlemen persona was somehow reflected in his room, I don't know why but it just feels like that. And it's just different in general. This ugly chick really changed into the matured gentle hottie everyone would be a simp for.

I was somehow relieved that it's Joshua's room, but I just can't get over the fact that I'm in someone else's room, in someone else's bed, and I slept here overnight. We had some few sleepovers when we were kids, but it just feels different now, now that we're teens and in our puberty stage.

I'm the type to not care but when it comes to him, I would look hysterical.

But however, how do I get out from here?

I tend my eyes to the table beside his bed and to the clock there. Seven thirty. Class starts at eight and Joshua is probably already there.

So that means he's not here anymore. Is his parents still here though?

It would be a bit awkward on my side since I basically spent overnight sleeping here, inside their son's room. At this very moment, all I could think about is that it's actually beneficial for me if no one's inside this house and I would just sneak out, that way, I won't get to show my face to anyone.

But my chances are still kinda blurry, I still don't know if I'm really alone here.

I travelled my eyes around, hoping to see something that could possibly help me out here. But my eyes just landed on my legs that was covered by his blanket.

I was still wearing my uniform, and this thought just randomly came into my mind that I'm even embarrassed of myself for thinking; I was glad that no one dared to change my clothes even though school uniforms are clearly not a night wear.

I brought my hand inside my skirts pocket and reached for my phone. I opened it, subconsciously hoping that someone or my Dad would tell me what to do, yet I was welcomed with notifications of Joshua's messages.

Joshua:

are you awake?                               7:00 am

I'm at school already btw            7:03 am

are you still feeling unwell?         7:05 am

If you need anything, my Dad
is still downstairs since he            7:10 am
goes to work at nine

but if he already went, you
can look for medicines or             7:11 am
anything at the kitchen

uncle said he'll pick you
up                                                          7:12 am