Chapter 28

Through most times, I was pretty much thinking about what happened at the kitchen and how stupid I was for not even paying a bit of attention to what Joshua said, and I really ended up tripping like he what he predicted. Over all, that's how overthinking took over my mind.

Like, it happened hours ago, why am I still thinking about it?

And to add up, my feelings were all over the place again. He literally pulled me hard that I ended up landing on his chest, that was the first time in a very long while that I even realized how manly his chest became through the years.

Even all through the ruckus that was happening in this thing inside my chest at that very moment, my mind even had the audacity to think about those not so right things.

Yet still, in those hours, I did have so much fun with them playing everywhere there at the resort, like in the beach house, we sat at one corner and welcomed some humor, we walked around through the shore, and at the water, we waded and splashed water at each other.

I realized how fun it was to actually have fun. And delicious foods just really adds up.

"Hey guys, should we go for a swim now?", Alliza suggested. We were at the balcony of the beach house, chilling and devouring chips. "It's not that hot anymore, and think about it, our feet's were the only one that got wet."

"Okay, sure!", Dokyeom said as he stood up to go through the glass door and get inside.

"Yeah, I don't see why not.", Joshua also agreed, eventually following Dokyeom to get inside and change clothes too.

"Yey! Finally!", Alliza was about to go our room too but stopped when she probably saw me not moving from where I was seated. "What about you, Hiah? Come on!"

"I think, I might have to pass.", I slightly smiled at her, also telling her from my face that I'm seriously alright about not going to actually get my whole body in the water.

When I said I was having fun, it was only until the wading in the water part, not completely going to the sea to get under the surface of the water.

"Oww, why?", Not on plan, but I became guilty when her face instantly dropped.

"Uhm.. to be honest, it's because my eyeliner is not waterproof.. I can't just let it get erased.", It was okay telling her about the truth, she knew and saw me without it anyway.

"Oh.. that. But..", She seemed to want to insist more, but she's trying to hold herself back. And by that, I feel even more sorry, she literally invited me here for her birthday, and now I'm counting my self out from her plans.

She walked closer to where I was and took a seat at the wooden chair infront of me. "I may not know the reason why, and whatever it may be, I'm sure non of us would even mind that some features of you changed.", Her eyebrows gradually just raised, giving me those puppy eyes as she was at it. "And I'm sure out of all the fun you'll have, you won't even remember that something washed away.", She thrusted out her lower lip. "Please.. it won't be fun without you."

For a lot of reasons, what she's saying is right. And it's just the past holding me back, not minding it for a day won't cost me anything, right? I guess trying won't be a wrong choice.

I ended up agreeing to her, and to be honest, I felt somehwat happy inside that I finally got to agree on something that I thought would hold me back for a lifetime.

We both made our way to our room and changed to swimming clothes. Even though I wasn't planning on swimming, I still bought some clothes for it, just for an instance.