ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ EᒪEᐯEᑎ

In the end, I didn't go to dinner. In fact, I skipped and had Yeji bring me up some food instead.

Since I technically was supposed to be there, I couldn't make it to obvious when I sent her down to sneak a couple bites of food under her dress.

Thank goodness Jisoo left to go tend to the others at dinner. If she knew that I was skipping, I could only imagine how quickly she would probably drag me by my ear down.

We've only recently gotten aquatinted with each other  and she's already wore than comfortable with whipping me into shape like I'm her child or something.

I shudder just thinking about how she's going to look at me when she comes upstairs after noticing that I wasn't present during supper.

It's quite a shame honestly. I can only imagine how delicious the food down there probably tasted.

Plates and assortments full of freshly prepared goods fit for a king. Wine and clean water filling cups that probably cost more than my house. There's so much that I wish I could've tried.

I would've been able to if it weren't for that little encounter  I had with the prince earlier.  That whole things really spoiled my appetite, I don't think I would've been able to eat without getting indigestion if I was near him.

Yeji managed to bring me some baked meat buns and snuck into the kitchen to steal little bit of wine in a wateskin. I wasn't a big fan of the wine since I've never taken a liking to alcohol, but the meat buns were heavenly .

The bread on the outside was fluffy and slightly sweet with a juicy and savoury chunk of pork baked within. Each bite felt like it was melting in my mouth, all I could think about was how much I wanted to share this with my family.

I could already see Jisoo's eyes widening as she kicks her feet under the table with delight. Heck she'd probably even cry if she tasted this.

This is nothing we've ever had access too. Anyone under a three wasn't allowed to eat pork since it wasn't "our place to indulge in such a delicacy".

We instead used birds for our main source of protein. Quails,chickens, eggs, any bird we could get our hands on in Athitin we had full access to.

Meats that were considered "highly quality" like goat, beef, and pork were forbidden for us.

Eating those buns made me realize just how different we are from everyone else. Such a simple dish is so far out of our reach.

Dinner here wouldn't be like how dinner back at home would be. Here, there would be a beautiful grand dining table with all types of delicious and high quality foods laid along it.  It's completely different from the giant pot of stew that we all used to eat from with a small tear of bread next to us. If we were lucky enough to catch and kill a chicken, we'd through it into the soup and gain a bit more to eat.

Don't get me wrong, the meals were always delicious. We made due with what little things we had access too, but it didn't hold us for very long.

About four hours after eating, you'd be clutching your stomach from under all over again.

If you think about it, it's kind of fucked up for them to forbid a group of people from eating something just because they think we're"unworthy" of eating the same things they eat.