ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ EIGᕼT

I keep dabbing the space underneath my eyes with the pad of my fingers, hoping stop my eyes from watering over without messing up my makeup.

I can feel my nose getting runny and I quickly rub it with the back of my hand.

The scene plays over and over again in my head.

It's one thing if he's with another girl,  coming to my welcoming celebration with her is another. It's blatantly disrespectful.

It's like he was reminding me that I'm replaceable.

Is this supposed to be his revenge for me lashing out on him? Is he satisfied now?

I don't even care about the girl at this point. She doesn't owe loyalty to me, but he does.

Or should I say, he did.

Did he purposely come just to ruin this day for me?

Although he broke up with me, is he not going to truly let me go? Is he constantly going to keep showing up so he can remind me that he exists and is doing well without me?

Did he want me to get like this? Emotionally distraught and hurt?

Did he do all this so that when I appear in front of the king and queen, I would appear looking like a wreck?

There's no reason why he didn't choose to watch this on TV? This is the first time I've ever seen or heard of him coming out to one of these events.

"Ma'am " the guard calls will tapping my shoulder. I rub my face and look up to him. when he sees my face his eyes slightly widen before clearing his throat and looking away.

I raise an eyebrow and confusion but brush it off. As we're nearing the main room, we pass by a huge mirror.

In my peripheral vision, I catch a glimpse of myself and nearly drop from the horror.

Yes, my eye makeup is fine, but my lipstick is smeared across my top lip.

Maybe when I rubbed my nose my hand touch my lipstick and smeared it all over the place. It looked like I opened the tube and just went crazy with it.

I pat the area the pad of my finger on my tongue and try to wipe it off carefully.

"Ma'am," the guard sighs. "You don't have time to fix that, the royal family is waiting. I shake my head and wave him off.

" Then they're going to have to wait a little longer because I'm not walking and looking like this".

I grabbed the end of the big bow that wraps around my waist and damp it a little bit with my saliva.

He makes a disgusted face at me and looks away. I don't blame him, I'd be a bit disgusted if some girl was soiling up her dress with spit to remove lipstick from her face too.

It's not exactly the cleanest, or even the the most sanitary way the fix my problem , but it's not like I have a lot of options right now.

I proceeded to wipe the lipstick away. It work just as all the wet cloth. Maybe that's because it technically is a 'wet cloth'.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," the guard spits in disgust. I huff and look at him.

"How dare you present yourself to the king and queen after smearing that substance on your face".