ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ TᗯEᑎTY

I don't know what to say. Or maybe, the question really is...should I say anything?

Do I say nothing and give him a chance to retract his statement, or do I give him a response?

I choose the latter, but my silence only emboldens him to persist, probably mistaking my mortified silence for an intrigued and curious stillness.

"I feel that your honestly towards me is not something I should take for granted, I should keep it close, keep you close, if you'd stay that is."

I cannot imagine why he'd want me to stay after witnessing all that he did.

To hear what he's saying after all I've said makes it clear me that he didn't have a single alarm go off in his head...

In a way it's almost infuriating .

It is infuriating.

People who don't take things seriously all together are infuriating .

My skin prickles with a rising annoyance.

"Your majesty," I say evenly.

"If I stayed, it would be to use you for the perks my family gets from me being here", I say, reminding him that I am no different from the others surrounding him.

I don't understand how that piece got lost in translation.

The reminder makes him wince but he recovers quickly.

Mere moments ago we talked about people approaching him and trying to use him for his status. Yet he still wants to keeps contact with me after I'd admitted to doing just that to his face.

And he thinks that because I was honest about, it makes me a good person?  So good that despite me being a stranger, we wants to keep me around? In his close inner circle? When he know nothing about me? Could he have been any more ignorant of human nature? Any stupider?

He scratches the back of his neck.

"It is true that you have...well, motivations for being here, but I would consider your reasoning...rather noble," he says wincing a little, a dead give away that he hardly believes anything he's saying.

Clearly he's uncomfortable.

"Rather than staying here for yourself, it's for your family. Besides, how many would have confessed to such a thing willingly?",He says with a smile.

I don't return his smile.

"Your majesty," I say seriously. "You don't know me".

He opens his mouth to respond but I hold up my and cut him off by continuing.

I don't stop the word vomit.

"A part of me wonders if you're purposefully choosing to be naive and keep me here out of desperation for a companion".

He looks taken back.

"If we're being honest, my reasoning for being here does bother you, doesn't it. Even if it's not as bad as others, it's still a selfish reason and I'm here with a goal in mind," I remind him pointedly.

He looks confused as if he can't understand why I'm responding this way.

"You can try to tell yourself that you're ok with that and that you don't mind my selfish motivations because I have 'Nobel reasoning' but to me, it sounds like you're grasping for straws and trying for settle for the first who's been real because you've never had that. You don't even know my full name".

I pin him with a serious look. "But I'll have you know from now, I have no desire to be friends with anyone who's desperately clinging to me for a semblance of a life they'll never get to have".