ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᔕI᙭TEEᑎ

I immediately make strong eye contact with the Prince . It wasn't even intentional.

I wish I could've looked away and acted like I didn't see him but it was too late for that.

The second our eyes meet, his widen with pleasant surprise to see a familiar face.

He offers me a polite smile that I half heartedly return, that is if you could even it call it a smile.

It didn't quite reach my eyes or really my mouth. I'm pretty sure it looked more like a grimace than anything.

And as if the whip of Satan cracked against my back, I shift my gaze to his left and spot the queen sitting next to him with a stare that should only be reserved for her worst nemesis.

It catches me off guard and my spine stiffens as my nostrils flare with a sharp inhale.

The Prince stands up, the golden tassels of his shoulder pads swaying as he does.

"Good morning ladies, I do hope your studies have worked up an appetite for you," he greets sweetly.

At least, that's what I think I heard. It was practically impossible to hear him grom a different room with a table ment to seat 100 girls between us.

Most of us just smile and nod since we really didn't hear shit.

Whatever it was must've been great cause he seems really enthusiastic about it

A small crease of confusion forms between his brows as he gages our reactions before he finally catches on to what I thought .

Understanding, far too slow for my liking, that his voice did not reach us he takes a deep breath to try again.

"Good-!"

"A king should never have to repeat himself!," his mother declares loudly. A decimal far louder than I think his voice could ever go.

He holds back a deep sigh and bends softy to her ears.

I try to read his lips because I'm nosy but fail to do so.

I didn't get a good reading due to the distance, but whatever it was upset her because right after, in a shrill voice, she states that, "The Prince regent must emulate such traits far before he takes the throne ".

She then proceeds to go on a tangent about respect and dignity, letting people know their place and a bunch of big other words I'm not even sure I could write.

He presses his lips in a thin line and does not argue, suddenly looking exhausted and irritated.

"You there," she says, pointing to a knight standing in the corner.

He blinks in surprise and clears his throat.

"My Queen," he says acknowledging her.

"Repeat the Prince words to the masses for him," she says with a dismissive wave of her hand. Not even bothering to look at him as she finishes her order.

I know I'm not the kindest person and have never claimed to be, but each interaction I've seen her have with people have been questionable.

He stands proudly and turns to face us.

"His royal highness greets you and hopes that you are hungry!," he bellows. The Prince and everyone else jolting as he does.

He awkwardly shifts under the queen's gaze who is visibly annoyed at choice to paraphrase what was said, but she doesn't push that matter