17. The Sacrifice

Hi :) 
Photo at the side: Gabby & Jarred.
Video at the side: The Call
Dedicated to: CourtneyWeasley for her sweet comment on Ch. 16 :) 
Vote, Fan, Comment. x 

P.S. Unproofread and Unedited. 

*******

17. The Sacrifice

Jarred’s POV

“She is my mate.” I said again for what seemed like the millionth time yet I’d say the words again and again if it meant protecting Gabrielle from what they want to put her through. No way in hell would I do what they want. No one would touch my mate.

“She is a traitor!” Commented one Alpha.

“She is also our princess.” Countered the other.

Standing up I slammed my hand on the desk feeling it crack underneath me, the meeting room immediately quieted. Over the past few days I would have either killed the first wolf on sight if it weren’t for the way Gabby handled me. After my proposal to her all I could do was smile, grin and practically hug and kiss everyone in my family—that is until I was hit with the rebellion of the Alpha’s.

As Alpha males we were bound to be protective of our own yet most were uncertain of why Gabby—the daughter of the traitor, as they called Gabby’s family—was still here in Ottawa. At the boundaries of my father’s pack there were Rogue wolves as well as the wolves in Gabby’s old pack that were apparently recruiting for The Rebellion. The apparent aim was to have every Alpha in Ottawa to bow down to Gabby’s brother and give him the title as Alpha making him invincible.

“If we hand her over, I’m sure they’ll back down!” Shouted Alpha Rogers.

Now, as it had been for the past three hours in every day of this week I sat in a meeting room with the Alpha’s of every pack in America as well as some in other countries deciding on the fate of the Wolf War. A part of me knew that we had to act now—Gabby’s old pack was coming closer and closer to recruiting nearly three hundred rogue wolves. In a way, I was glad that we had over one hundred and fifty Alpha’s—we were stronger than the five hundred rogue wolves but none of us wanted a war.

It brought unfaithful Alpha’s up, making obnoxious requests and telling us the best ways to end the war. All had to do with Gabrielle either being tortured, killed or handed over and that made neither my wolf or I happy. In fact, I was about ready to rip every throat of every Alpha who wanted my mate to be harmed in exchange for their safety.

But I tried to keep calm, tried my hardest to keep my temper at its minimum but that obnoxious Alpha Rogers—the old man, unmated and bitter kept on assuring the other Alpha’s that the best way to end the war was to give them Gabby. If they only knew.

Every waking moment I had free I would stay with Gabby. I never thought I’d be the guy who acts like a human teenager, sneaks his girlfriend out in the dead of the night in a pick-up truck and watch the sunrise with her. It was what we’d been doing over the past week. We learned about each other and the whole while it made the arguments with the Alpha’s worthwhile. Having Gabby in my arms was worth everything.

 “Son?” Hearing my fathers’ familiar voice, I tilted my head up and met his tired gaze. He was an old man yet he looked no more than thirty—it was the benefits of being a wolf. After reaching puberty your aging would differ. Instead of again in every year you grow older, it would instead be every ten years you would only age for one year. My father mated early yet he and my mother hadn’t wanted pups’ till late. Having me at thirty, he looked like a teenager and now he looked only thirty years when he was sixty eight.