26. The Second First Date

Wah! I couldnt help myself anymore and wanted to finish this so even if I didn't reach the requested votes, Im uploading! It's finally the end! :) 
Wow, right? What have we reached together?

Anyway, if you guys want the Epilogue, let's just go for a sweet, 22 votes. :)

Vote, PLEASE COMMENT (your thoughts on the book) and Fan if you wish :)

It was lovely writing this for you. x

Quick note, please check out my story The Touch of Death? Paranormal Romance and a sexy prince with stunning electric green eyes? What more could you wish for ? ;) 

------------------------------------------ 

26. The ‘Second’ First Date
- Jarred’s POV –

“Jarred,” she giggles, almost stumbling over a tree branch. “I’m seriously tripping over my own feet!”

I kiss her cheek, unable to help myself and saw the pink tint of her blush growing in her teeth. “Baby, we’re almost there.”

“Seriously, where are we going?” she giggles.

I love that. Her giggle. Her laughter. The way she sounds so happy all the freaking time. Everything about seeing Gabrielle happy made me happy. “Come on, it’s a surprise, baby.”

Ever since she was discharged from hospital I’ve been planning this day—my second first date with Gabby. I wanted it to be perfect and I wanted it to be like the time we mated. Of course I wasn’t going to force her into doing anything…I just wanted to see her happier.

It wasn’t always easy.

After Gabby had been discharged I had to use my Alpha’s Voice in order to have my wolves follow on orders. Gabby was part of my pack naturally and even if we weren’t mated her wolf sought comfort and didn’t want to be a rogue. Naturally she began to speak to her wolf more and more…and she began to question her wolf on the events that led to now.

If Gabby was to remember what happened she’d remember herself. Not because people told her. I didn’t want to put the strain in her mind that told her she had to remember. She didn’t need to. As much as I longed for some memories that we had together I’d rather she start again—have a clean slate.

 I’d gladly carry her past to the grave without telling her.

It was selfish, keeping her past from her but even the Healers agreed that we should keep it to ourselves. Gabby sometimes went quiet, holing herself up in her room. She hadn’t moved in with me yet and sometimes, I found myself turning into my wolf just so that I could watch her at her balcony, brushing her hair out with a faraway look in her eyes.

She wanted to know her past but I didn’t want her to. She’d be hurt—she’d return to being close up, even more so if she found out about the pup we lost. My heart clenched with pain as I remembered our pup. We would never find out whether he or she was a girl, whether they had mine or Gabby’s eyes or hair.

Never.

“Hey, you stopped talking to me.” She says suddenly, noticing my quiet.

I smile to myself, “I was just thinking of your face.”

As much as I longed to have someone—Gabrielle, to mourn with for our lost pup, I would rather carry the burden of death to myself then to hurt her even further. She’d only blame herself, knowing the way she is. Selfless.

“My face?” she wonders, “what’s wrong with it?”

“Nothing, baby girl. You’re perfect.”