7. Realization

Hey guys! Sorry for the late upload. I neglected to inform you all that I've got exams for the next two weeks. This isn't me holding any of my stories--I can do both study and write at the same time but I'm going to be a little late most of the time and it'll probably have gaps of up to 3 days. This will be the latest I'd have an upload but these exams are important because they're the trial exams for our final GPA mark. I'm studying so hard that it makes me cry :'( So yeah, sorry for the late uploads, please forgive me! This is extra long but I hope you enjoy it anyway! :) 
Read/Vote/Comment/Fan! I love you :) - Hilda

ALSO!: Sorry for doing this to Jarred! It's needed for the next couple of chapters. Don't worry! It says "Sexual Content" on the title as a warning so there will be steamy scenes soon ;) !...But don't count on it yet ;) 
*********************************** 

Seven.
Jarred’s POV

~Begin Nightmare~

I woke up in a bright room. It was too bright for my own good but apparently I wasn’t awake yet. You know what I mean? Of course you don’t.

But that’s how fucked up I felt. Like—I felt like I was in some sort of sleeping-awake state. The state of sleep where you’re physically bed ridden but your mind isn’t rested enough that everything feels like a waking nightmare.

In my dream—or nightmare I should say—I was in a brightly lit room. It was plain white so my first thought was: Heaven. I was dead. But why would I be dead? I didn’t even remember what happened to land me into this sick dream anyway.

But then at the horizon emerged a creature with fur as black as the night—it’s eyes mirrored my own. It was my wolf. But somehow my wolf didn’t look the same, somehow my wolf looked tired and restless...and dying.

I touched my wolf’s fur and as I ran my hands through it, the fur fell in clumps on the floor. My suspicions were correct. My wolf...was sick.

“What’s happened to us, bud?” I whispered, trying to reassure my wolf.

My wolf did something with his eyes—I realized that if I were in wolf form right now it would be me rolling my eyes. Even sick my wolf would be a funny idiot. But we were both on the same page. Something didn’t feel right.

I felt a little empty. I felt like a huge part of me was ripped away and stolen from me. Then I felt my body shaking. This is when I woke up.

~End Nightmare~

“Jarred! Jarred Blakely wake the fuck up!” the familiar voice yelled, pulling me to the surface.

I was pretty groggy. I couldn’t see well and it hurt to fully open my eyes. The room—like my dream, was bright. Also—when I could finally see—I realized it was my room. I was at home...why was I at home?

“Oh thank god!” someone tightened their arms around me, crushing my ribs.

I admit it kind of hurt...why did my ribs hurt?

And why the hell was my room crowded with half the damned pack!? “Er...hi.” Oh yeah, way to go Alpha! I mentally punched myself in the face—I sounded like an ass.

“Blakely! What happened to you man!” Jordan’s voice asked. When I finally found him I saw him holding a pretty girl—about our age—with dark hair and tanned skin in his arms. They looked at each other lovingly. When he met my eyes he looked down, blushing whilst the girl whispered something in his ear.

“Who’s this?” I ask, gesturing towards the girl. I didn’t sound rude—thankfully, because she looked shocked.

“You don’t know me?” the girl asked. She had a soft voice but at the same time it was high pitched. She looked familiar...yes, but I didn’t think I’d known her.