9. The Ritual

Hey ya'll! Sorry for the late upload but I hope this makes up for it! I hope you guys enjoy this and thank's so much for the continious support and reading :) It means so much to me! :) Hope you guys check out my other stories: Teenage Dream (Ending Soon), My Royal Engagement & The Golden Boy & Miss Rebellious. Please make me smile when I wake up later and vote/comment/fan if you can! 
Maybe 3-5 votes for the next chapter? ;)
Enjoy!
Oh and P.S. Maybe in the next chapter we can do a sort of summarisation? I thought I should do it nowbut it's like 12am and I'm needing sleep so I'll do it for the next chapter because you might want to know basics and stuff :) 
Don't forget to fan/comment/vote! x
p.p.s This hasn't been edited/proof read so please point out my mistakes! x
p.p.p.s, Picture on the side is of Gabrielle's mother, Elena. 

********************************** 

Nine
Gabrielle’s POV

The darkness was unmistakeably tangible. I could touch it, feel it. I don’t know how long I was there for but it was...just darkness. I couldn’t see a single thing, even myself. There was a part of me that was doubting that I was even there, but of course I was...right? Because after all my thoughts were still lingering.

I kept on thinking about Jarred. How I wanted to lean on him because he seemed so reliable. Being in the same room as him could make me go haywire, I needed to touch him....but of course, I realized he was mine all too late.

If my wolf were here she would be growling and staking her claims. Even the thought of him didn’t bring her in my thoughts. Would I lie if I said I was afraid that she’d left me? That she’d left me after my mother took my power from me?

It scared me...how much I wanted to just be with Jarred. He didn’t deserve someone like me. How could he? He was too...perfect. And I...whilst I had a title—‘princess’—it didn’t matter. I wasn’t strong enough. Sure I could defeat...him. But I couldn’t kill him, my mother made sure of that. She told him how I could do it...her foresight had told her everything she’d needed to know and that included how he could defend himself against me.

Why couldn’t he just leave me? Why couldn’t he just leave Jarred alone?

I would have sighed if I could but I couldn’t. The darkness swept me away like a ship in the middle of a storm at sea. Am I dead?

I couldn’t possibly die of drainage. Did you know that was what my crazy mother did to me? She drained me of my strength—strength that I’d needed to live. Granted, yes—I did just say that drainage couldn’t kill me. But it could send me to the Oscuro Abismo—The Black Abyss. My father had told me stories of it.

All wolves came from one place. The Abismo de la Luz—The Abyss of Light. And we would all end up at the other—it’s opposite. The yin to its yang. The Black Abyss. We would all come out from the light and end up in the darkness at some point. Though the thought was chilly, it was fair.

Wolves could live for hundreds of years—especially with the magic in our blood. We could avoid death as long as we kept shifting because it would stop us from aging. As soon as we decide that we wanted our wolves out of our lives for good then we’d age, then we’d die and we’d go to The Black Abyss.

The thought of the Black Abyss scared me a little. I don’t know why—I’ve never been afraid of death before. Maybe because I thought of it often enough that it came as a free thought in my sick, twisted mind. Death was welcomed in our house—after my father died of course. He was the first I saw to die before my eyes, bleeding, helpless.

I wanted to cry out. I wanted to take revenge—the thought of revenge opened up a pain...wait...what?

Pain?