5. Unfortunate Meetings

Hola everybody! Chapter 5 is pretty long so I hope you guys like it! This chapter has plenty of Gabrielle's past as well as a surprise! Like I said before 2-5 votes for the next chapter!
P.S Check out my other stories: Teenage Dream & How it started with Abercrombie and Fitch.
Lot's of love! Don't forget to fan/comment/vote! :) xxxx
- Hilda
P.S. Sorry for the language! It has been warned though! 

[Picture of Jarred Blakely on the side! ;)]
**** 

Five

I didn’t really look back when I told Corey to never look at me. I felt a string break inside me when I let her go. I guess that’s how it felt like. To lose your pack.

I guess we weren’t really a pack—packs were a whole group but Corey and I were a couple—two of us existed. I remember hearing  my father’s raspy voice as he coughed the blood out, he told me what it felt like to lose your pack.

I shuddered remembering the memory: Flash.

“My little princessa, do you know what it feels like? To lose what you thought would never leave you? to lose what you have always trusted?” Papi was naked on the ground, writhing every once in a while whilst I brushed his hair. He was looking at me with sad, loving eyes. He didn’t want to go either. “Remember princessa, it is a broken string inside you. You will feel broken but you must be strong.”

“Papi, don’t worry. Enrico will find someone, he’s just run off to get help.” I cried, feeling my father pale. As a riser I could hear the slow beating of his heart. He was beginning to falter and I could do nothing. “Just keep your eyes open, Papi.”

“Gabby, you know Papi loves you, right? Papi will always be watching you. I will always be in here.” He said, pressing his hand on my heart. He coughed again, spluttering some blood—more blood, on the linoleum floor.

“Papi, don’t talk like that. Please, Papi, don’t leave me here.” I cried louder this time, hoping that if I kept talking to him he’d keep his eyes open—strive to keep his heart beating.

“Gabby, Papi can’t do it anymore. I love you princessa. I lov--” His hand felt heavy on  my lap. His head lolled to the side and his breathing finally stopped. The final beat of his heart caused my anger to rise.

I could hold it in and turned, running out the kitchen and towards the forest.

That was my first punishment—the night my Papi died, they all found me naked on the ground. It was the first night he touched me. The first night he hurt me and broke my spirit. I begged him countlessly as he laughed when he pinned me to the floor. He said I didn’t deserve the bed because I deserted him. Every night—all the pain.

I closed my eyes and kept walking to my next class. It’s been a week since I left Corey and it was true—I never looked back. My tattoo was a constant reminder that I would never look back to the things I’ve left. If I ever went back it was for my Papi.

He died because—because the bastard wanted power. His beta—the most trusted wolf turned against him, turned the pack against him and they killed him. They broke his spiriti and crushed his soul. And they were going to do that to me.

But when I ran away from them I promised myself to never look back. Even for Papi—he’d want me to be happy. To never look back.

As I stepped inside, I felt eyes on me. They’d been doing that all week and it was all I can do to keep my cool and try not to turn…if I turned…God, what I could do to these humans. I sighed and took my seat. The first class was Ancient History: The Greek and Roman Civilisation. I hated Ancient—seriously, we were talking about some guy called Euribiades and it was literally getting annoying.