Chapter Three

The dream is very different than any other dream that I've ever had. It's not dream-like at all, it feels. . . real.

I run through the woods as fast as my feet will carry me. Twigs and dead leaves snap under my bare feet, the only sound I hear besides my own heavy breathing.

A breathless giggle escapes my lips, a joyous sound. I glance behind me as I run, I know he must not be far behind. He's always there, always ready to protect me. The thought brings a smile onto my lips. I stop running and lift my arms above my head. I begin to sway from side to side, soaking up the moonlight.

I don't flinch when familiar, muscular arms wrap around my waist and pull me back into a broad chest. A kiss is planted just beneath my jaw; a place I'd only fantasized about being kissed. A blissful smile creeps onto my face as I tilt my head back.

"I found you," he growls in my ear playfully. His teeth graze my earlobe as his bare chest rumbles with pleasure.

"So you did, my warrior," I murmur, slowly spinning around in his arms to face him.

When I do, my warrior takes my breath away. He is truly divine, a dark god make for my eyes only. My eyes flit over his face, taking in every single detail; his perfectly shaggy brown hair, his strong jaw, his luminescent green eyes now filled with lust. And to imagine, I'd been denied of him for so long; locked out of paradise for far too long.

He brushes his plump lips onto mine and all my conscious mind can do is ache for more.

My warrior lays me down onto the forest floor under the stars, not once breaking our kiss. His sinful fingers rip away any and all clothing we wear. He kisses the spot just under my jaw again and-

My eyes pop open and I gasp. The feel of my warrior's touch lingers on my skin. A hot flush spreads throughout my body. I sit up in bed, breathing heavily.

Declan sits up beside me, alert and ready to kick ass. When he sees no obvious threat, he turns to me.

"What's wrong, love?" he asks, worry clear in his tone. He places a reassuring hand on my upper arm.

Placing my hand over his, I say, "It was just a dream, Declan. I'm fine, really."

He relaxes just a bit, still worried.

"What was it about?" he probes.

I sigh, knowing that he's not going to drop it until I tell him. He's stubborn that way.

"I was running through the woods at night and I was happy, really happy. I stopped and you wrapped your arms around me and..." I trail off, blushing an even deeper shade of red.

Declan's eyes widen a fraction in shock. Then a slow smile creeps onto his handsome face.

"And then I made love to you under the stars," he finishes for me. Surprise floods through me. He mush have seen the question in my eyes because he says, "That happened not long before you were turned into your mortal form. You're remembering, love."

I swear my eyes just about popped out of my head when he said that. My shock though is soon replaced by glee. I'm remembering! I pull Declan into a hug, elated that I've made progress. When I pull back, Declan says, "I have to go meet Hades and Persephone to talk about some business and meet their demigods. Would you like to join me?"

I nod eagerly, excited about a chance to get out of this room. Smiling, Declan stands up and runs a hand through his tousled hair, looking undeniably sexy, as usual. I stand up beside him and he takes my hand, pulling me to the door.

"Wait! I have to change and-"

Declan tugs me to him.

"You look gorgeous, love," he reassures me and tugs me out the door.

I'm still wearing the gown that I wore yesterday. I can only hope that my hair isn't a complete mess.

Declan leads me through winding hallways made out of stone, giving off the vibe of an ancient castle. I'm not allowed time to admire it, seeing as Declan is pulling me along far to fast for that. We hustle through heavy wooden doors to the outside. The courtyard is full of life. The intoxicating smell of roses and lilacs and freesha fills my nose as I inhale deeply. This is definitely not how I imagined Hell. A gasp escapes my lips when I look up at the sky.

Totally dark except for a few million glittering diamonds within it, the sky is the most beautiful that I've ever seen it. The sight takes my breath away. I don't notice that Declan has slowed us until he speaks.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he asks admiringly, looking up at the sky with me. "It's only like this when you're here. When you're gone, it's like a desert. It's miserable, truly Hell."

Declan squeezes my hand and I look up at him, savoring this moment shared with my warrior. He stares down at me, green eyes swirling with a mixture of love and lust and protectiveness. Our moment is shattered when a melodic voice calls out to Declan.

"Arawn, darling, it's been ages!" a tall, statuesque women squeals as she pulls him into an embrace, yanking him away from me.

I raise my eyebrows, surprise by her audacity. The frown my lips form is anything but happy. Who the hell does this bitch think she is?

To my utter surprise-and dismay- Declan doesn't push her away in disgust. Instead, he returns her hug and chuckles. He freaking chuckles! I cross my arms across my chest and glare at the woman's head. When Declan pulls out of her hug, he keeps his arm around her shoulders.

"Thanatos, this is Persephone, Hades' wife," he introduces with a broad grin.

White hot jealously scorches through me at the mere sight of them. I give her a once over. What's so special about her anyway? Dark brown hair that swirls around her with nonexistent wind. Smoldering brown eyes. Flawless latte colored skin. Curves to die for. It's official- this bitch is perfect.

I force a tight lipped smile. "Hi," I say, clipped.

Persephone gives me a predatory grin, brown eyes smoldering. I decide then and there that I don't like this chick.

Movement behind the goddess catches my eye and I glance up. My heart picks up its pace and a wave of heat settles over me as I catch a glimpse of the godly being before me. His eyes glow a deep green and his unruly dark hair is tousled sexily. On his strong chin is a dark beard, the same shade as his hair. His feet and chest are bare, revealing a well developed, sun kissed chest. A strange feeling rises within me at the sight of him. You know that feeling you get when you see a totally hot, slightly older guy and you wanna lock him up in your room and never let him out? Yeah, that one.

He looks just like an older version of Declan, I realize with a start.

As if in response to  my thought, Declan gives the man a friendly slap on the back. He then turns to me with a large grin on his handsome face.

"Thanatos, this is my brother, Hades."