Chapter 13

Percy's POV

I burst into the guest room, where Mom was staying. She was sitting up in bed, smiling.

"Mom?" It was unbelievable. She didn't even look sick.

"Percy, I feel so much better." Mom grabbed my hand, rubbing her thumb against it.

"Is the sickness gone?" I whispered, for absolutely no reason.

"Yes, Percy. The sickness is gone."

Charlie's POV

I was happy my grandmother was safe, honest! But dinner had tons of tension.

"So you meet the goddess of revenge and don't even tell me?" I hollered. Dad just kept eating his blue-tinted dessert cake.

"Charlie, you're not old enough," Mom explained.

"No! You were twelve when you went on a quest. Do you know how annoying it is to live in a parent's shadow? No, how about two? And now you keep secrets from me? Screw you!" I left my chair, ignoring the calls my family sent. But hey, I needed space, okay?

*                      *                         *

"Charlie?" Silena rubbed my back, soothing me. We were sitting in a small section of the park by the pond. Most people didn't come here, but we've come here since we were young.

"I hate my parents," I muttered, pulling Silena close. We were leaning against a large tree.

"Don't say that! They were worried about you, okay? And be happy that your grandma is okay."

I smiled, "You're right."

"I have an idea," she said. "Let's take a hike at the nature trail." Silena grabbed my hand, helping me stand. I chuckled at her attempts to cheer me up.

"We don't have any supplies," I pointed out.

"Hey! Never underestimate the powers of Silena Stoll!" She whipped out her camouflage colored backpack, pulling out a bunch of things perfect for a hike. I grinned, grabbing one of her many cereal bars.

"You, are a life saver."

Silena's POV

We hiked for an hour before stopping to have some food. I ate an apple, and Charlie had some water.

"Where are the other hikers? This place is usually full," I stated, looking around. The whistle of the trees seemed haunting when you were alone.

"Silena, take out your knife." Charlie already had his sword out. An unusual shape growled. I brought out my knife, readying it while standing next to Charlie.

Hey, hellhounds were easy.