Chapter 15

Percy's POV

Wow, teenage mood swings. Charlie was attacked by a hellhound, almost killed, got his girlfriend almost killed, and still refused to talk to me. Was I this stubborn as a kid? No, I WAS BUSY SAVING THE DAM WORLD. Sheesh, kids these days.

"Come on, talk to me!" I persuaded. I was sitting next to Charlie on his bed, watching him put on his shoes. He was heading for Silena's house.

"Dad, it's cool, just let me grab my phone."

Stupid 'I'm pretending not to be upset but I'm doing a bad job so you'll see' treatment.

So Charlie left, and I watched my son walk out on me, while I played with a few thoughts. You know, like our new baby, which would be a girl. Annabeth was almost three months pregnant, and her bump was showing just a bit, if only you knew. She'd told her dad and girl friends at Camp Half-Blood already, and Athena obviously knew.

"How did it go, Percy?" Annabeth came in, sitting next to me. Charles had forgiven her because of the child, but he was still mad at me. So now I had to become pregnant to make my son happy. Great.

"Not well, Annabeth. He left."

Charlie's POV

On my way to Silena's, I thought about my parents. Maybe the fight had proven I was older now. I rang the doorbell, amd Mr. Stoll opened the door, letting me in. I ran the rest of the way to Silena's bedroom.

"Hey Charlie." She was in bed, reading a book.

Obviously, she was healed, thanks to the ambrosia. Oddly enough, there was still a closed gash on her chest, a scar. Her parents had taken her to CHB to see some Apollo campers, and they said it would hopefully go away in a few weeks. She was going to school tomorrow too, so I came to visit. I also didn't wanna see my dad at the moment.

"Hey, Silena. How are you?" I hopped onto her bed, laying down next to her.

"Stupid scar. My parents are all worried because the ambrosia didn't fully work."

"Hey, maybe the ambrosia just needs to kick in," I suggested. Silena nodded, snuggling deeper into my arms.

"Charlie?"

"Yeah?"

"Everyone's gonna be talking about me in school, you know."

"I know, but they won't be able to come near you, because I'll be there."

* * *

On Thursday, when Silena came back, I walked to school alone. Silena was taking the car with her mom.

When I got to school, Silena was waiting for me by the front doors of the school. She looked flawless in a black and white shirt with black skinny jeans and white sneakers. She ran a hair through her dark hair, and I involuntarily sighed.

"Something up, Charlie?" Silena smirked. She'd grown so much over the years. And she was definitely curvier, but I wouldn't tell her that. Heh heh.

After a few minutes of talking, we're interrupted by two boys, both with a scrawny build, red hair, and blue eyes. It was Jack and Jake Johnson, the school pranksters. They were like Mr. Stoll and his brother, except really twins.

"Hey guys! We're having a party Friday after school. Bring your swimsuits and visit our place. Details on the card!" They handed us invitations, which were light green with a black print saying 'Pool Partyyy'. They ran off without another word. I turned to Silena, holding up the card.

"Wanna be my date?" I joked.

She giggled, something she never did, and smiled. "Of course."