Chapter 1

Annabeth's POV

"Charlie!" He refused to come. We were having dinner.

"I'll get him." Percy went to find our five year old son. A few minutes later, they both came. Charlie was smiling. I wonder what Percy did.

*   *   *

"Momma," Charlie asked as I read him a story.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong with me?"

I looked at my son with a shocked expression. "Nothing's wrong with you. Why do you ask such a question?"

"One time, I dropped water on me, and I didn't get wet. The teacher was scared of me."

The powers. They were kicking in. The gods warned us about them. They said it would be hard for him to control them.

"Charlie, you're fine. You're just a special kid. You know, Daddy can do the same thing."

"He can?"

"Of course! If you go to sleep, I'll make him show you tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Really," I said. He shut his eyes, trying to make himself sleep. I smiled and shut the door behind me as I walked out.

*   *   *

"Percy. It's happening." We were in our bedroom, across from Charlie's.

"What's happening?"

"Charlie. He has water powers like you."

"YASSS. IN YO FACE, ANNABETH. BOYS RUULE!" Percy started jumping up and down. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up. This is serious. What are we gonna do? The mist can't help with everything."

"Way to ruin the moment, Wise Girl," Percy muttered, getting of the bed he was jumping on.

"We should go to camp and tell Chiron."

"Yeah, yeah. You're right. Weekend?"

"Weekend."