Chapter 12

Percy's POV

I wrapped my arms around Annabeth. We were at home, enjoying a few minutes together. Then we'd have to talk to Nemesis again. We needed to find out who wanted revenge on me. On us. Then, we saved my mom.

After a few minutes, we decided something. Well I did.

"Why can't I come?" Annabeth asked. I shook my head.

"I don't want you getting hurt. I love you, Annabeth."

"I love you too, Percy. That's why I'm coming."

I grabbed her hand. "I have to keep my Wise Girl safe," I said, kissing her hand. There was a deep frown on her face, but she nodded. For the child. It was for the child. This time, we had no idea if it was a boy or a girl.

"Percy?" Paul ran in. Since Mom was so sick, they'd temporarily moved into our house.

"Yeah?"

"It's your mother."

Charlie's POV

Silena was mess on the ground. I picked her up, seeing a large gash on her forehead. Her lips were slightly parted, her eyebrows scrunched together.

"Ch-Charlie?" Her eyes fluttered open.

"Silena, are you okay?"

"Charlie, something big is happening. Things are not as they seem. Nemesis is good at tricks. Must read the fine lines. Rachel Elizabeth Dare."

She muttered gibberish. I had no idea what she was thinking of. A crowd had gathered around us, and a couple of students went to get the school nurse. I held Silena close, as she drifted off again.

Silena's POV

I woke with an ice pack to my head. A certain blond boy was staring at me worriedly.

"Silena, you're awake! You've been out for almost an hour." Charlie enveloped me in a hug, then kissed me, brushing his hand on my cheek. I took the ice pack off, and a nurse came with bandages.

"We called your parents, Silena. They said when you wake up, you should call them to check in. The gash is small; it looked big because of the amount of blood flow. You're fine now." She bandaged my head, and left us.

"Charlie, I think a goddess visited me. It was... Nemesis! I know what happened! She couldn't visit me in school, so she forced me to sleep, making me faint while I was at my locker," I explained. Charlie caught on.

"And you got that nasty cut. Silena, what did she say?"

"She, she wanted to tell me that her plan wasn't that simple. Plot twist, she said. Plot twist, and lots of it." My head hurt thinking of it.

"But... why you?" He seemed confused.

"Because she knew I would tell you."

"Me?" Charlie's green eyes were deep in thought.

"Yeah. Nemesis, the goddess of revenge, has a new client, someone who wants to see the Jackson family suffer."

"Who's this client?"

I looked away. "That's the things she refused to tell me."