Chapter 3

Age Thirteen

Charlie's POV

I was at Camp Half Blood, training like I did every summer. I was starting the eighth grade next year, and I had a major crush on a girl that went to my school. She was also a demigod, child of Travis and Katie Stoll.

(Didn't expect that, did you?)

"Hey, Charlie," she said, running over to me. She was holding her knife. That was her weapon, like Mom.

"Hey, Silena."

That was her name, Silena Stoll. I heard she was named after a daughter of Aphrodite, a hero. She was definitely not an Aphrodite girl though. She was beautiful, with dark brown hair and eyes, but she was definitely a tough girl. She loved hiking and pulling pranks on the other demigods, a trait from her dad. She was an awesome gardener, but it took a lot of her strength to actually control plants.

"Do you wanna train?" She asked. I nodded, readying my celestial bronze sword.

The fight was a rush. She had the upper hand for the most part, but near the end, I disarmed her, a move Dad taught me. I had my sword pointed at her neck as she lay on the ground.

"I win! Ha, you vlacas!" I taunted. She glared at me.

"I'm not done with you yet, Jackson!" The grass beneath my feet grew longer, until they were wrapped around my ankles, making me fall next to her.

"Ha, it's a tie," she smirked, getting up. She offered me a hand, which I took. "So when do we go back to school?"

"In about a week," I answered.

"Hopefully we'll have classes together."

My heart rate soared. I played it cool. "Yeah, that would be great."

Silena's POV

He didn't even care. He showed no freaking emotion! Ugh! I've known that jerk for years, amd he never shows me how he feels. Do girls get friend zoned? Probably.

(A\N)
Guys! Okay, so when I named her Silena, I had no idea I'd just renamed a ship! Remember Beckendorf and Silena? Tell me if you noticed!