Chapter 6

Age Sixteen

Charlie's POV

Grandma (Sally) was sick. Dad was really worried, though he tried not to show it. He drove to her house all the time, where she lived with her husband Paul, my grandpa. I had an aunt in college, dad's mortal sister Alice, and even she visited sometimes.

(A\N Don't forget Sally was pregnant in the last book with Paul!)

I wasn't allowed to go this time. School was a rush, since in one month, we were leaving for summer vacation, but that didn't stop Dad from staying at grandma's that night. Mom said it was because they were really close. She told me it was worse than losing a mother, it was like losing a mother and a best friend.

"Bye, Mom!" I yelled as I ran out the door in a black hoodie, jeans, and grey sneakers. I saw Silena headed towards me.

"Hey Charlie," she greeted as she came up to me. I gave her a peck on the cheek, saying good morning back.

She was wearing a camo shirt and black jeans, with combet boots. She had very light makeup on, and her hair was flying all over the place, just the way I liked it.

"So how's your grandmother?"

"Still not feeling well, the doctors can't figure out what's happening, and my parents are starting to think it's a Greek curse or something. Her temperature is normal, heart rate the same, but she claims she gets dizzy and blacks out. I'm starting to worry. A lot," I confess all my feelings. I know you're supposed to be tough and cool in front of your girlfriend, but Silena was my best friend, too. She wouldn't judge.

"I think it is a Greek problem, or at least not a mortal sickness. What's the chance the mother of the great Percy Jackson getting a mortal sickness? I think the gods would know everything." Silena shrugged. That's what I loved about her. She didn't have Athena's blessing or anything, but she was insanely smart. She actually challenged me, unlike the other kids at school. But, I'd never told her I loved her. I couldn't.

"I'll tell my mom that! You're a genius," I said, giving her a hug, we walked to school without much talk.

Charles Jackson (2/2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara