Chapter 9

Annabeth's POV

Regina Havens. That was the half-blood's name. She was a doctor, one who visited. I'd called her over for Sally, and she appeared in an hour. She was tall and slim, and she wore a white lab coat. Her pale complexion made her dark eyes pop, and her lips were a thin line underneath her pointed nose. She had her blonde hair up in a bun and out of her face.

"Hello, I'm guessing you're Annabeth Chase, the woman who called?"

"Yes, and I'm guessing you're Ms. Havens, daughter of Apollo?"

The doctor stared at me for a minute, before her lips curved up. "A child of Athena."

"Yes, and my mother-in-law is sick."

Percy ran in, his jet-black hair messier than usual, and his sea-green eyes dull. Charlie was over at Silena's house. "Is this her?"

"Who's the patient?" Regina asked, ignoring Percy, who didn't care.

"Sally Jackson. A mortal, but one who knows about us," I explained. Regina nodded, following us into Sally's bedroom, where Paul waited by her side.

Silena's POV

"Charlie, relax. You're grandmother will be fine."

He wouldn't calm down. He paced my bedroom floor, muttering words and biting his nails. I wanted to calm him, to make him think everything was okay. Let's just say I failed.

"How can you think that, Silena? My grandma is at home, sick, and Mom and Dad won't even let me stay there while the doctor checks her. You don't know anything," he snapped.

"Charlie, I want you to feel better."

"Shut up, Silena!" He glared at me, as I glared back. Tears threatened to show, but I forced them down. No, I was strong.

"No. You listen here, Asshole! I know you're glum, but if you're going to yell at something, yell at the wall. I'm just trying to make you feel better. This is not the Charlie I know." It was my bedroom, but I walked out, running down the hall to the bathroom. I slammed the door shut so loud my mom asked if I was okay. I sat on the toilet seat, and cried.

Charlie's POV

My anger melted in a minute. No, it wasn't anger anymore, it was worry.

"Silena!" I ran around her house. Her mom was in the gardens alone.

"Hey kid!" Silena's dad stopped me. "I have to talk to you."

"Hello, sir."

"Don't 'sir' me! Silena's in the hallway bathroom, crying her eyes out! What did you do? If you don't make her feel better, I'll go all Hermes Kid on you." Mr. Stoll kicked the air close to my face, making a point. I nodded, and he walked away, with a wicked grin on his face. That meant he was planning something.

I ran up the stairs to the bathroom door. I didn't hear anything, but the light was on.

"Silena, are you in there?"

A pause. "Get the hell away from me, Charlie!"

"Look, I'm really sorry Silena. Let me explain."

Another pause. "Charlie, just go."

A\N
Hey, guys! So my story is getting pretty predictable. Not a good thing. I'll have to mix it up...