11

"Do you really think that Isabelle is telling the truth that words gotten out about the doppelgänger?" the scared teenage girl questioned fiddling with the couch cushion she had on her lap.

"Look I don't trust a word she says..." Stefan tried calming down his girlfriend even though he knew vampires all over the world were already looking for his Elena. If Klaus really was as powerful as everyone said him to be then he was sure all of the ones who owe him are gonna try to get her.

"Don't lie to the poor girl!" Evenda called out playing with Damon's jeans as his legs were out stretched over her lap.

Things between them were...awkward but not as much as she thought they'd be, maybe it was just her and her head replying the scene over and over again from last night that they made her feel flustered around him or maybe it was the tension but whatever it was she wasn't going to show it.

Stefan shot her a look but then though about it maybe if he warned Elena she wouldn't be as surprised if someone who caused threat came and tried to kill her.

"Fine they're might be a chance the words out, but what can we do about it?" he questioned.

"She should stay here, we're we can keep an eye on her." Damon tried to explain but was cut off by his little brother.

"What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No!" The younger vampire said not on board with his brothers plan at all.

He needed to make sure Elena was safe but in this house there was no telling who would break in.

"We have Evenda you know the wild card we were gonna pull on Klaus, I think we got this Stefan" Damon sighed taking his hand from behind his head and his legs form the girls lap to sit up straight.

"Her house is safer." Stefan pushed his plan into Damon. Knowing Evenda she was easily distracted by everything and could barely even keep Damon alive when the werewolf war happened. He didn't trust her alone with his girlfriend. So his answer was no.

"Well, then we'll stay at her house." Damon clapped his hands

"So is that the plan neither of you will let me out of your sight again?"

Evenda sighed "Welcome to my world." she faked smiled even though Damon trusted her enough to know she wouldn't ever leave or try to leave he didn't want her out there so any time she did leave without permission she would get in trouble by him like some child.

"Come on you love me keeping a eye on you." Damon slung his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to him and she scrunched up her face.

"I don't, really" she looked at him crossing her arms over her chest trying to wiggle away from him.

Elena and Stefan could both feel the tension between them and it was getting awkward for both of them.

"Ugh" Stefan cleared his throat causing his brother took look away from the goddess infront of him.

Damon thought back to what they were talking about and trying to get rid of the urge of kissing the girl again. "We'll do you have a better idea" he questioned the brunette girl and she laid back crossing her legs looking inbetween the boys.

"Ok then, which one of you 2 bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon?" she questioned them.

Damon took his arm off the girl finally letting her scoot to the other side annoyed with him.

"Stefan."

"That would be me."

both of the Salvatores spoke making Elena let out a small laugh but then get offended because Damon didn't want to go. She remembered just a couple months ago he would die for any opportunity to take her out.