1 || Proposition

Third Person P.O.V.

The door to the large cell opened. In response, all the guns in the room turned and pointed their barrels right at the lone prisoner in the cell, red lasers marking the target.

The prisoner was a young female- around somewhere in her early 20's. She had long crimson hair, pale skin, and a dark-colored horn protruding out the right side of her head. Her head was angled down and all but her eyes were covered by a metal mask on her face. She was restrained by a large full-body cuff that encased all but her head. The cuff was held up in the middle of the room by chains that came from the wall.

"Overwrite, deactivate cell weapon system." The man who entered the cell spoke clearly.

"Deactivating cell weapon system." A robotic feminine voice spoke from a speaker on the wall of the cell.

All the weapons in the room followed the command and deactivated, their aim faltering off the prisoner.

The prisoner tilted her head up slightly, her blood-red eyes piercing through the silent room as she glared at the man who had entered the cell.

"Now that I have your attention, I have a proposition for you." The man spoke.

"I'll cut to the chase. There's a group of villains that needs to be disposed of and I have been granted permission to use you since it has escalated to that point." He said, "If you do this, you will be granted some more freedom."

Freedom was something she craved. It had been years since she'd even been outside the walls of this cell for anything other than a mission that the government needed her power for. This was the first time they had offered her any sort of freedom as a reward.

"Overwrite, release restraints." The man said in a clear tone.

"Confirmation required." The robotic feminine voice spoke again.

"Confirm."

"Releasing restrains, please exercise caution."

The restraint around the prisoner released and she fell down to the floor. She landed flat on her feet with one hand on the ground to steady herself. The mask fell off of her face and onto the floor. She stood up straight.

In an instant the prisoner was right on top of the man, slamming him to the floor of the cell and pinning him down. The man held up his hands beside his head as if surrendering.

The weapon system for the cell turned back on by some other third influence. The prisoner's ears twitched as she heard the sounds of the guns taking aim at her.

"Back off." The man said his simple command in a stern voice.

She didn't budge.

"Back off or they'll shoot without hesitation." He restated.

She narrowed her eyes at him but hesitantly obliged, getting off him and slinking back about a yard into the cell.

The man stood up and dusted himself off. "I'll leave you, be prepared for the mission tomorrow morning."

The man turned and left the room, leaving the prisoner with her thoughts. The metal door of the cell made a clunk sound as the intricate lock clicked.

'Freedom... I need it.' The prisoner thought, 'Whoever these villains are... I will kill them.'