7 || Gauntlets

The League had started making phone calls to multiple brokers, trying to find someone who was able to get Rin's gauntlets off.

——

Mr. Compress lowered the phone from his ear, covering where the microphone was with his hand to block out sound. He turned to Shigaraki, "Giran found someone who will fit the role we need."

"Who and where?" Shigaraki demanded.

Mr. Compress put the phone up to his ear for another minute, listening to information Giran was giving him. Then he lowered the phone and hung up.

"They're supposedly a metal worker from the black market. It's not far, we can go today." Mr. Compress relayed what Giran told him.

"You, Toga, and Rin go. There no use in us all being there. I'll pay Giran later." Shigaraki said.

"By later you mean never. Yeah, we're broke!" Twice jumped in.

"You seem awfully excited about that." Dabi mumbled in response to Twice.

Toga was about to jump into the new conversation, but before she could a hand lightly rested on her shoulder.

She turned and saw Mr. Compress. "Let's exit the stage before this bickering turns into a full argument, shall we?" He proposed.

Toga nodded and they headed out. Rin followed close behind, she had no interest in the situation. All she was really focused on was that she had an opportunity to get her gauntlets off.

Like Mr. Compress predicted, right before the door to the hideout closed, the bickering between the League members transformed into yells and shouts typical of a fully-fledged argument. Toga, Mr. Compress, and Rin quickly walked away before they could get roped in.

Mr. Compress led the way until the group of three came across a warehouse at the end of an abandoned road.

Mr. Compress knocked on the large metal garage door that sealed the warehouse from the outside world.

Moments later the door opened upward. Out stepped a man who looked somewhat grimy. His tan skin was dirty and his short brown hair was ruffled. He wore a dirty leather apron accompanied by gloves. He looked exactly like what someone would expect a metal-worker to look like.

"Good evening." Mr. Compress started off, "I'm sure you know who we are."

"Uhh... y-yeah." The man rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he looked between the three standing in front of him. "Come on in." He ushered them inside.

Toga skipped happily inside while Rin and Mr. Compress walked in like proper civilized people. The man closed the garage door of the warehouse behind them.

"So you needed some metal cut?" The man questioned.

Rin held up her hands, "These."

The man walked up and held his hand out to Rin who placed one of her gauntleted hands in his palm. He fumbled as he took off the glove on his free hand, stuffing it into a pocket of his apron. He ran his bare hand along the metal of the gauntlet, admiring the red root-like branches that ran through the surface.

"Can you get them off?" Rin asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, all I have to do is saw a chunk of them off, then slide your hands out. I'll have to cut really close to your arm though."

"Wait you might cut her if you do that! And I only just got to know her!" Toga protested.

"Yes, isn't there any safer way?" Mr. Compress asked.