Chapter 5: Ba Sing Se

The three of them had been traveling for a week together towards the only refugee. Ba Sing Se. They were on a ferry across Full Moon Bay to Ba Sing Se. Mizuki had been actively practicing her water bending in front of people. Everybody was amazed having not seen water benders in years. The South Pole only had Katara and the North Pole didn't allow women to train in attacking. She moves her fingers absentmindedly watching the water form into whatever her fingers conjured. It froze on a replica of younger Zuko. No scar or anger, just pure joy. She sighs heavily and let's the ice figure drop into the water and melt.

Her heart hurt steadily knowing Zuko was hurting. She clings to his side and says, "You know I love you right?"

"Yes, I love you too, what's this about?"

"You can open up to me Zu. I'll always stay by your side. Never leave me alone. I... I'm sorry for leaving you back then. I was so frustrated and I couldn't control myself."

"It's ok. I understand and I already forgave you. Knowing you were ok, safe, happy, was enough."

"You got yourself hurt because I wasn't there." She blamed herself heavily for the pain and suffering Zuko went through. Tears brimmed her beautiful eyes. Zuko hugs her and leaves a kiss to the crown of her head. "Don't blame yourself for something you couldn't control Mizuki." When they pull away Mizuki smiles but gets cut off by a guy with a weed in his mouth saying, "You guys want to help me liberate some food from the captain? He eats like a king."

"What sort of King is he eating like?" Iroh asks. "The fat happy kind." This guy says. Mizuki raises an eyebrow at him. "Who are you?"

"The names Jet and these are my Freedom Fighters. Longshot and Smellerbee. And you are?"

"I'm Hinami and this is my fiancé Lee and his Uncle Mushi."

"Hinami that's an odd name."

"Really? My grandma was named Hinami... I thought it was pretty normal." It's true, her grandmother on her mother's side was named Hinami. She barely remembers the woman but from what she does remember is her kind and gentle heart. She reminds Mizuki of Iroh.

"You're not from the Earth Kingdom are you." Jet pushes. Mizuki smiles kindly. "I'm from the Northern Water Tribe and I'm engaged to Lee as I said before. So I hope I won't be hearing any semblance of flirts otherwise I think Lee might punch you." She giggled. Zuko rolled his eyes and held her waist protectively. "Alright, alright." Jet smiled and winked at her. She smiled politely. "Go help Jet ok? I'll be ok with Uncle."

"Hinami-"

"I'll be fine." She smiled and pecked his cheek. "Go help ok?" Zuko nodded. Mizuki really liked how well Zuko took to acting with her. Iroh looked at her with his knowing grin. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing." He still smiled though. Mizuki rolled her eyes and turned back to the sea before picking up another ball of water and bending it at will. Her control had gotten much better since she trained with Pakku. She hoped Aang and his friends were ok.

~~~

"Zu! How are you today?" A younger Mizuki asked smiling brightly at Zuko. Zuko blushed, "I-I'm good." He stammered. She giggled and sat next to him. Fire Lady Ursa smiled at the two. "Mizuki how are you?" Mizuki beamed at Ursa and went on a story of how her day went. Zuko was enthralled. Ursa listened patiently and with a motherly smile. "How's your mother Mizuki?"

"Oh! Mom has been taking care of baby Euna! Euna is so adorable and squishy!" Ursa chuckled lightly and fondly stroked the young water princesses hair. Unlike everyone in the Fire Nation who wore topknots, Mizuki wore a traditional Water Tribe headdress.