Chapter 18: New Era

Zuko was in his study glaring at the stack on his desk. So many laws needed to be put in play, reparation programs, and several other things.

Mizuki was busy taking care of her twin daughters. Rhea and Izumi. They were just toddlers at the age of four. The two didn't show any signs of being benders but their parents didn't care. Azula was playing Pai Sho with Iroh on the other side of the room with Ty Lee encouraging her. Mizuki smiles. Her family. A few years back they had found Ursa and Ursa had a child with Noren named Kiyi. Kiyi was their younger sibling. They were all together one happy dysfunctional family.

Unsurprisingly Euna and her husband come in with their two year old son. "Mizuki you will not believe the absolute horrid experience I had yesterday." Euna grins at her. Mizuki raises an eyebrow. "It wasn't horrid love." Euna's husband, Aujaq, said with a roll of his eyes. "It was!" Mizuki chuckles. "Tell away my dear sister."

~~~

Mizuki's parents were taking care of Rhea and Izumi while Zuko and Mizuki had a date night. "Wasn't our date ruined the last time we came up here? By none other than Azula?"

"Azula's with Ty Lee. The kids are with our parents. Our friends are far away from the Fire Nation. We don't have anything to interrupt us for once."

"Finally." Zuko chuckles. "I love you."

"I love you too Zuko. It's been years since the end of the war. Everything is so different now."

~~~

"So when were you going to tell us about the new nation?" Euna excitedly asked. Mizuki yawned, "I dunno when we actually had the foundations of the buildings down?" Euna frowns. "That's too late!"

"It's still in the planning phase Euna. We're working as fast as we can but these things take time."

"The North will help in whatever way we can! As the Chief's wife I promise you that!" Euna looks down at her hands, "I'm trying to change laws the elders put in place... most of them are still stingy old coots who think women are not equal to them." Mizuki looks to her sister, "Do you miss the Fire Nation?"

"Sometimes... it's mainly me missing you Zuki. I miss hanging out with you! We're so much older now... and I feel as if we've only parted more."

"I promise you this Euna. We will spend time together once Rhea and Izumi are old enough." Euna nods and hugs her sister. "You're still my baby sister Euna and I cherish you. Please know that." Euna nods again.

~~~

"So I assume everything has settled out." Mizuki rubs Zuko's shoulders. He grips one of her hands and sighs. "I need a vacation."

"Iroh can always take care of the Fire Nation for a bit while we can take our kids to Ember Island."

"Are we sure that that's a good idea?" He looked worried. "I'm sure the kids will have fun. Zuko you need a break. Plus reinventing what Ember Island means to you and to us is apart of healing. This is stressful and it will be difficult but we can get through it. I'll send Sokka some scrolls of our plans. You know how he's been so much happier working on all of this with us. This is his pride and joy. Like ours. This is all of ours. This is why you have friends and family to help. You are not alone Zuko. Not anymore." Zuko nods and she kisses the side of his head. "Shall I help you out of this heavy clothing and into something more relaxing."

"Please." She smiles softly and helps her husband into some more comfortable clothing. He leans back in her arms closing his eyes. He looked far more peaceful now then a few minutes ago. She was happy, he was happy, they had two wonderful daughters, amazing friends and family, everything was going to be ok.