Chapter 14

You walked awkwardly beside Iwaizumi as you made your way to the gym after school for the practice match.

"I'm sorry that Oikawa dragged you to this practice match," Iwaizumi apologised to you.

"Oh, I actually decided to come" you said quietly.

"You what? Hey, are you feeling okay? Oikawa didn't do anything to you did he?" Iwaizumi asked you worriedly.

"Oh no its nothing like that, I've decided to try and be friends with him again," you said a little more confidently.

"Again? Oh right, in primary school you were pretty close, weren't you?"

You nodded as you smiled slightly.

"He's still a massive idiot though" Iwazumi said.

"Oh, trust me I know" you replied quickly.

"Ugh and he's such a flirt, I can't even remember how many girls have come up to me with love letters for him" Iwaizumi complained.

"Oh god that sounds like a pain, and none of them were for you?"

"None at all"

"Aww that's sucks, you're way cooler than Oikawa!"

"I don't think he'd like you saying that" Iwaizumi grinned.

"Well he's not here now, so it's a secret okay?" you grinned back.

"You're super nice (Y/N) why don't you have any friends?" he asked.

You blushed a little at his compliment, you couldn't remember the last time you had heard anything so sincere, that wasn't from Oikawa.

"I guess I never really made an effort with anyone," you said as the two of you stopped in front of the gym.

"I see, do you mind waiting in the gym? I've got to get changed"

"Sure, I don't see why I needed to walk with you in the first place though"

"Me neither but Oikawa insisted" he said as he walked off to the changing rooms as you stepped inside the gym.

Hanamaki and Matsukawa were already there.

"Hey (Y/N) you're here without Oikawa?" Hanamaki asked as you nodded.

"Why?" Matsukawa added.

"I think you guys are pretty cool," you said slowly.

"Yes!" they said as they high fived each other and you giggled.

"So, are you gonna be our manager?" they asked together.

You quickly shook your head.

"Are you serious? I can't deal with Oikawa all the time!"

"We're also not allowed a manager because of him" Iwaizumi said as he came through the door.

"Oh yeah I forgot," Matsukawa sighed.

"Huh, why not?" you asked.

"Because Oikawa will get distracted flirting with them all the time," Iwaizumi explained as he rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Karasuno's here," Yahaba called to you all.

"I should go up there then" you said as you looked wearily towards the upper floor of the gym where fangirls were beginning to gather.

"They do realise he's not here right?" Iwaizumi said as he raised his eyebrow.

"I don't think we should break it to them just yet, I don't want to hear them screaming" you said as you slowly walked towards the stairs.