Slap, Punch, Remember

Blake's P.O.V

It was hard not to stare, as I woke up and was faced with an angelic face: Sapphire. Her eyes were closed, as her breathing was steady, indicating that she was sound asleep. A smile reached my face for I remember what had happened last night... I kissed her. Oh, hot damn how I yearned to do it again. Yet, I knew that we were strictly friends, and I can't go around kissing her. It wasn't right ... She is like a ... Sister to me ... Right?

... Last night was such a mistake ... And after thinking about it for a second, I had full knowledge of what I need to do to correct it.

Getting out of the bed in a slow manner in hopes of not waking her, I exited her room. I entered the kitchen a minute later and was greeted by Mrs. Smith, Sapphire's mom.

A wide grin fell on her face. "Blake!" Mrs. Smith engulfed me in a hug. "So nice to see you!" She stated before releasing me.

"Nice to see ya too." I muttered for my head was pounding, and it hurt just to speak.

Rolling her eyes, Mrs. Smith poured a cup of coffee. "I thought that you guys don't buy coffee, because of what it does to ya."

Mrs. Smith gave me an evil smile. "Hyperness is nothing to be afraid of, Son. Plus, this cup is for you." Handing it to me, she patted my shoulder. "It will help with the hangover."

I smiled in gratitude and took a huge sip of the steaming liquid. "Thanks," I replied as I started to feel much better with every taste of the hot coffee.

"No problem, and please next time don't sneak into my daughter's window in the middle of the night, use the front door." Mrs. Smith spoke as she walked over to a cabinet.

"I don't have a key; it was locked," I admitted.

Mrs. Smith pulled down an old looking tin box that had paint chipping off it. She opened it and pulled out a shiny, silver key. Looking over at me, Sapphire's mom outstretched her arm in my direction. "That is why I trust you with a key to my house."

Smiling, I walked over and grabbed the key. I let the cool metal rest on the palm of my hand. Giving it a toss in the air, I thanked Mrs. Smith once more.

"Oh, it's no problem. Anyways, Sapphire has a key to your house ... Why not give you one of ours?"

"Did I oversleep?" A sleepy melodic voice sounded from behind me.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw Sapphire standing in the doorway. Her hair now looked wild and highly uncombed. Sapphire's brown eyes sagged in tiredness.

"Nope, school doesn't start for another hour kiddo." Mrs. Smith stated and then set her coffee mug in the sink. "I think I'm going to get ready for work." Sapphire's mom went to leave the kitchen, but when she got close to the exit, she turned around. "Oh, and Sapphire, after work, I'm having dinner with a few of my friends, Blake's parents being two of them. They would like you to watch Naomi."

"Yeah, sure."

With a nod, Mrs. Smith wandered out of the room.

I glanced over at Sapphire, right as she looked at me. A blush found her already rosy cheeks, and it was then that I knew she was thinking about last night and how we kissed.

In a nervous manner, Sapphire started to fiddle with the hair band on her wrist. "So... So it looks-s like I'm coming over t-to your house after scho-ol."

Raising an eyebrow at Sapphire, I gave a smile. "Why are you acting so nervous Sapphire?" I quizzed as I walked over to her, creating less and less space between us. As I got closer to her I mentally cursed at myself; I knew if I got to close I might kiss her again... And that was not part of the plan! The plan was to make her think I didn't remember what happened last night so it wouldn't be awkward between us...

She slowly backed away, until she couldn't anymore. As I got closer, I could hear her breath hitch up.

"I-I ... You - last night-" Her voice seeped into a mumble.

I stopped right when the tips of my bare toes touched hers. "Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid last night." I naively said. "It seems like last night I was so drunk, that I can't remember a thing. Hell, I've got no recollection of coming here." I lied as a tingling sensation crossed my lips because they wanted nothing more than her mouth on mine.

"You... You don't remember?!" Her voice was laced with anger as I stared into her deep brown eyes.

Tilting my head to the side, I shook my head. "Remember? Remember what?"

She placed her hand on her forehead and began to mutter 'no, no, no'. Suddenly, her eyes locked with mine. Fiery hatred filled her chocolate orbs, which I found so cute.

A chuckle escaped my lips and as her nose flared from anger.

"You remember! You little buttmuncher!" With that, she began to slap my chest. I kept backing away, but she just kept stepping forward and hit me some more. "You big, colossal meanie!"

Laughs rolled out of my mouth more and more as she got angrier by the second.

"Sapphire, stop hitting him on the chest and land a damn punch on his face." Linx's voice sounded from the kitchen door.

Sapphire stopped her attack and looked over at her brother. "You're right. Why be a pussy, when I know how to punch?!"

I looked at Sapphire with wide eyes and she reeled her fist back, "Sapphire don't... - ... Oh shit, that hurt!" I commented as pain shot from around my left eye. I knew her punch wasn't enough to bruise it, but damn it hurt like fuck.

"That's my sister! Now, knee him in the family jewels!" Linx egged.

With searing pain in my eye, I looked at Sapphire, her eyes glinted with evilness. "Don't do it Sapphire! Please! You already hit me in my face! And I might say, you hit like a grown man..."

With a snicker and a smirk, Sapphire walked up to me. "I will not hurt you if you admit what happened last night ... out loud."

I swallowed hard for I knew Linx would not like it one bit that I kissed his sister. "No!" I quickly spoke.

Sapphire's left knee lifted a little, and I backed away. "Okay! Okay! Last night I kissed you! I remember every millisecond of it!" I proclaimed.

The beast of a girl in front of me grinned from ear to ear, before patting me on my head. "Good boy!"

Suddenly, her brother sent me a hard glared. "You did what?!" Linx's voice boomed.

Slowly, but surely I dashed out of their house knowing Linx was hot on my tail.