How Long Can This Last?

Blake's P.O.V

Sapphire's big brown eyes glanced away from me and around my room. By the way, she was casually looking around, as if for an escape, I knew then that whatever it is that made her cancel her date, was something she didn't want to say. At least to me, that is. "You can tell me anything, Sapphire ... We're like brother and sister after all!"

Her head maneuvered in an angle to where I couldn't see her face. A sniffle escaped her lips. Gripping her chin, I forced her to look at me. Once she faced me, I saw large crocodile tears falling down her rosy cheeks. Her brown eyes were like glass, so shiny and water filled.

My heart sunk at the scene before me. She was crying ... And I didn't know why. "What's wrong?" I asked her with longing.

She yanked her chin out of my grip and quickly wiped the tears from her face. Sniffing a few times, she sat up in the bed. With a firm shake of her head she replied. "Blake it is nothing ... Absolutely nothing." A chuckle sounded from her mouth, and she looked over at me.

I too sat up and looped an arm around her waist, Pulling her warm body next to mine. "How can you be such a horrible liar?"

A dry, low audible laugh came from her. "I am not a horrible liar! ... You're just good at reading people..."

I looked down at her and gave a smile. "No... It's just that you're a horrible liar."

Her thin elbow jabbed into my stomach, and I laughed before acting like she hurt me.

"Oh shut up you and I both know that I didn't hurt you... Who's the baby now?" She asked as she leaned closer to me. Sapphire rested her head on my shoulder, and I tightened my grip around her. Like she normally did, Sapphire moved her legs across mine. "...Blake?"

Giving her a light kiss on the top of her head, I moaned. "Hmmm?"

"H-how... How long do you think this will last?" She hesitantly asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

She snuggled even closer to me. "One day you are going... Going to find someone ... And we won't be able to do this anymore ... How long ... Do you think this will last?"

"Stop thinking nonsense Sapphire. You act as if I'm engaged and about to be married. Chill." I told her and rested my chin on the top of her head.

She shagged in my arms. "You have to admit Blake, it will happen one day."

"Yeah ... Maybe ... But not anytime soon..."

At least I hoped that was true...