The Rave

Sapphire's P.O.V

I knew I shouldn't trust this Joshua guy. I mean look at him, he is practically screaming dangerous! The lip ring just adds to my case!

I smiled at myself at the mere idea of what Blake or Linx would be doing if they were here.

With that single thought, I realized I wanted nothing more than to detach myself from my life...

Leading me to a motorcycle, Joshua tossed a helmet in my direction.

Barely catching it, I sighed then stared at the black motorcycle before us. "This is so cliché!" I shrieked with humor.

Joshua gave me a lopsided look. "Huh?"

"You are so cliche. I mean you're so stereotypical of bad boys all around! Tattoos, lip ring, motorcycle! What next, you are going to put on a leather jacket?" I asked with a smile.

"Sorry, Honey, left it at home." he stated with a teasing smirk.

"You're weird." I fired at him.

"You are the weird one..."

"And I have no idea who you are," I replied.

"Yet, you are putting on the helmet," He told me as I snapped the straps of the helmet together underneath my chin.

"What is life without risk? Plus, I know some damn good martial art moves. So, don't think about taking me to your gang and raping me." I spoke.

He paled. "Damn it! How did you know?!" He questioned with a serious face.

I gasped, but then color flooded back on his face, and he gave me an amusing expression. "I was kidding, chill. I am not going to hurt you, or allow you to get gang raped," he chuckled as he got on his motorcycle. Joshua kicked on the engine and looked at me. "Come on, you don't want to miss what I have to show you!"

Nibbling on my bottom lip, I got on the back of his motorcycle. I sat there stiff, unsure of what to do.

Snickering, Joshua reached back and grabbed my arms. He wrapped them around his waist. "Hold tight," Was the last thing he had said before the motorcycle started down the road.

The wind whipped around me, blowing my brown curls everywhere. I felt vulnerable and completely unsafe. In return, I tightened my grip around Joshua's waist. His body trembled with laughter as I gripped him even tighter.

Burying my head in his back, I suddenly inhaled, only to be met by the wonderful scent of rosemary. I furrowed an eyebrow as I wondered how he could smell like rosemary.

Pushing it to the back of my mind, I glared a hole in his shirt hoping the ride would end sooner than later.

***

The motor of the motorcycle calmed, and I lifted my head to see we were at a shipyard and parking directly in front of an abandoned warehouse. Looking around, I saw no sign of anyone near us. A deep stomach-lurching feeling cascaded over me... I had walked into some kind of trap...

"Uhhh... I think you should take me home." I shuddered.

Joshua looked at me with his chocolate brown eyes. "Chill, Honey, I am not going to hurt you."

"W-where are we?" I asked, not moving from the motorcycle as he got off.

"It's a little place I know that no matter the age, you can drink. Now, come on."

I shook my head; this didn't feel right. Why did I trust this guy?! "P-Please, just take me home."

"Close your eyes," Joshua ordered.