Halloween - Part 1

Sapphire P.O.V

I slipped on the final piece of my costume and smiled in satisfaction. For once in my life, my Halloween costume fit like a glove and was comfortable. Memories of past Halloweens still haunt my mind. See, I never really like going to any kind of Halloween stores, so I tend to always order my costumes off the Internet. In doing so I never really knew what I was getting. Like last year for example, I ordered a Greek Goddess Toga costume and the thing swallowed me whole. Alicia used some of her fashion magic and managed to make it work.

But looking in the mirror I found myself pleased as a butterfly. My legs were sporting some black leggings. On top of my black leggings, I had an orange mini skirt with black and white polka dot trim and bows. The top was a bodice with black lace-up in the front; the sleeves were white and a tad puffy. As for accessories I wore orange and black wings and two orange butterfly earring studs got while shopping with Joshua’s mom.

Applying some mascara, I heard the doorbell ring. I jumped a little before I heard my brother’s voice call out that he was going to get the door. Once I was finished with my make-up, I raced around the room and gathered up last minute things.

Putting on my black ballet flats, I ran out of my room. Upon going into the living room I heard laughter and voices. “I can’t believe you and her got the same costume.” I heard Linx say before I entered the den.

When I walked in my mouth dropped ... Alicia, Carmen and I were all wearing the same butterfly costume, only difference is Alicia was a gold and black butterfly, whereas Carmen was a black and blue butterfly.

“Maybe we should break our tradition of not telling each other what our costumes are.” Carmen suggested as we all realized we were practically wearing the same thing.

Alicia violently shook her head, “no! This is funny! I guess they are right, great minds think alike!”

Everyone gave off a chuckled, even Linx. Somehow I found myself looking at him, and when I did I began to laugh even harder. He was wearing a bee suit and had a net in hand. In my drunken laughter I spoke. “What are you wearing?"

He gave me a smile through the netted veil that was attached to his hat. “I am a butterfly catcher. Well, I was when Carmen told me she was going to be a butterfly ... but now I think I am going to change...” With that Linx turned away and dashed off towards his bedroom.

We all erupted in another set of giggles.

“Tonight is going to be fun. I can feel it in my bones.” Alicia said when we all sobered up from the constant laughing.

Gripping my painful sides, I smiled. “Of course it will be fun! Any night with Sapphire Smith is fun.”

Carmen and Alicia both shook their heads at me.

“So, Alicia, are you nervous to be going out on a date with Johnny tonight?” I asked her as we all collapsed on my couch. Due to it being small we all were crammed together, but this was normal for us and we paid no mind.

“No, I-I am not nervous,” she lied through her teeth. Her eyes refused to look at us, and I knew more than anything that she was downright nervous. Wiggling a little Alicia placed her head in my lap and feet in Carmen’s.

Running my fingers through Alicia’s hair in order to soothe her, I smiled. “Liar.”

Glancing at me in the corner of her eye she replied, “I am not lying. There is not one nervous cell in my body.”

“Then explain why you are sprawled out across our laps and allowing Sapphire to touch your hair.” Carmen stated as she played with the bow on Alicia’s golden flats.