Oh Crappers!

Sapphire's P.O.V

I walked out of the lunchroom, not a second after figuring out my plan when it came to Blake. To say I was feeling purely blissful at the idea that was running through my head might be an understatement. Yet, as I reached the middle of the hallway, I thought about rejection.

What if he doesn't feel the same?

A sickening feeling exploded in me, and I once again felt like crying.

"Hey, Loser!"

My head perked up at a voice from in front of me. Standing a few feet from me was one of my good friends, Skyler Williams. He was sporting a goofy grin and what looked to be PJ's.

"What the hell are you wearing?" I asked him as I suppressed all my feelings of Blake.

Skyler combed his hands through his messy, sandy blond hair. "What can I say? I just woke up." He admitted.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Of course you did! Why doesn't your sister, Alicia, ever wake you up?"

With a shrug of his broad shoulder Skyler sighed, "I don't know. I think it might have to do with that fact that freshmen year she tried waking me up, and I might have punched her."

I giggled and then Skyler and I began to wander around the school talking about nothing in particular.

When the late bell rang, I silently cursed and gave Skyler a lopsided look. "We're late for class!"

"Wouldn't be the first time." He truthfully stated.

I gave a small, but audible chuckle, "True, true. And by golly I bet it won't be the last."

"What are you two doing in the halls!" Mr. Broadway, the assistant principal, shouted as he came waddling over to us. "Go get an admit to class! Now!"

Skyler and I didn't think twice before scurrying to the attendance office.

Once we got our pink detention admits, Skyler and I found out we had the next class together.

We both went stumbling into our next class: History. Only to find that we also shared it with Blake. He gave us a nod and motioned to an empty chair next to him. The teacher looked to be out of the room, so I stuck my pink slip in my pocket and marched over to Blake.

As I started to reach him, I remembered my plan for tonight and immediately allowed my eyes to stare intently at the floor.

Skyler sat in a chair next to me. I glanced over at Skyler and gave a half smile, which he returned.

"Where were y'all?" Blake abruptly asked.

Leaning around me, Skyler replied. "I overslept. Showed up to school and found Sapphire standing in the middle of the hall. We talked and lost track of time."

"Lucky, the teacher, isn't here yet, so Y'all don't have to get detention," Blake stated as he drummed his long fingers on the textbook before him.

"Spoke too soon, Bud, Mr. Broadway caught us and made us go get one." Skyler informed Blake.

All the while I sat there in silence. I was so confused and unsure of what to say to Blake as my plan of what I wanted to do tonight ran through my head.

I was so frightened that just one look into Blake's eyes and he will sense I am hiding/planning something. And I know very well that I couldn't tell him how I felt just yet, because of my undying fear of ... rejection ... it was the only thing holding me back. The mere idea of him saying he doesn't feel the same would crush my heart into a million pieces.

"Sapphire, why you being so quiet?" Blake's husky voice drew me out of my thoughts.

I made sure not to look at him as I responded. "Oh nothing, just thinking about all the fun we will have this year," I lied.

Skyler poked my right side. "You are such a liar! Even I can tell!"

Blake joined in on the jabs to my sides. "What's going on?... Come on, you know you want to tell us!"

I gave a sigh and shrugged my shoulders while avoiding eye contact with them. "You guys, it's nothing... Seriously!"

The jabs to my sides soon became tickles. My laughter filled the room as the two boys started tickling me. I tried to beg them to stop in the mix of my drunken laughter. But they refused until I spoke the truth of what was wrong with me.

"I canceled my date!" I bellowed in hopes to get them to stop.

In unison, they both quit and looked blankly at me. "You did?" They said at the same time.

I gave a nod and fiddled with the hem of my Aerosmith band tee. "Yeah, I figured it was the first day back at school and I should spend the end of the day with friends." I untruthfully spoke.

Blake raised an eyebrow at what I said, whereas Skyler looped an arm around my neck and pulled my body towards him. "Yah didn't have to do that!"

I shrugged. "I couldn't risk missing Blake kick your ass in Call of Duty."

Skyler released me and shook his moppy blond hair. "As if he could!"

The rest of the class Blake and Skyler fell into a deep debate of who was going to kick whose ass in Call of Duty.

The end of the day came sooner than I thought. Before I knew it, I was in Blake's room, sprawled out across his bed and looking up at the ceiling while he laid next to me doing the same.

"When is-"

"I know you-"

Blake and I ended up speaking at the same time. I looked over at him and smiled. "Sorry, you go first."

Looking down at me Blake shook his head. "No, you."

Grinning, I just went ahead and spoke. "When is the group coming over?"

Blake looked over at his alarm clock by the bed. "Umm in about 30 minutes... Why?"

I shook my head. "Oh, no reason in particular... So what is that you wanted to say?"

Silently gazing at me Blake sighed; "Now I want you to be honest... Can you be honest with me?"

I giggled. "Of course I'll be honest with you... Aren't I always?"

Shaking his head Blake replied. "No, you're not ... And you know it. What I wanted to say is... What is the real reason you canceled your date with William?"

Looking away from Blake I swallowed hard and thought to myself... Oh shit!