Stalker(s)

Semi-Unedited! 

Carmen P.O.V

“You don’t like fish, do you?” I asked Linx as he stared at my plate with a disgusted look.

His blue eyes locked with mine and he gave a faint smile. “No.”

I gave off a small chuckle and shook my head in disbelief. “Then why did you choose for us to eat at this restaurant? All they serve is fish,” I informed him. Taking a sip of my coke I watched him intently. I tried not to think about how this moment was so unreal. I was actually going out with Linx Smith. If you told me a month ago I would be in this position I would have punched you in the arm and called you a liar. Yet, here I was, sitting in a crowded restaurant with the man of my dreams sitting across the table from me.

“I know they only serve fish.” Linx said as he leaned back in the black booth. His eyes danced around the restaurant in a statement of ‘drop it.’

I felt sudden happiness explode inside of me as I realized he was being humble by not saying that he knew they only served fish and much to his dislike he came here just for me. “Thank you,” I muttered.

Linx’s eyes snapped back to me and he gave a shrug of his shoulders. “No biggie, like I said when you ordered, I’m not hungry.”

Acting as if I believed him, I started to eat knowing when we left I would take him to the nearest restaurant he liked and allow him to eat while I watched. I gave a chuckle as I thought about how stalkerish that sounded.

“So, I’ve been seeing Rugby try-out posters around the school. Are you going to sign up this year?” I asked Linx after eating a few bites of my dinner.

Linx looked at me and gave a single nod. “Yep. I actually think this year I will be captain. But coach won’t tell me that for sure until we get back from Rugby camp.”

“Rugby camp? What is that?” I asked as I tried to remember if he went to Rugby camp last year.

“It is a camp for different schools to come together before the season starts. You know, to get to know one another. But it is usually is a chance for rival teams to prank one another.”

“When is it?”

“In a few weeks. When we get back from fall break, next week, we’ll have try-outs. Then when coach decides who is on the team he will hand out permission slips for the field trip to the camp.”

“Oh, cool,” I replied, knowing that the moment he left, I would be sad ... but right now, I smiled a little and encouraged him. I knew he loved rugby so there was nothing I could do.

“Yeah, I’m excited for this is the first year I am able to go. Only junior and senior players are allowed to go. Last year I couldn’t attend that damn flu bug, so I’m excited about this year.”

It was then that I remembered why he didn’t go. If my memory served me right after he had that flu he was depressed for a full week, I never knew why ... well until now. “Well, we will just have to make sure this year you don’t get sick,” I joked.