Rabbit Hole

Semi-Unedited!

Sapphire’s P.O.V

Joshua and I didn’t exchange words as he picked up Noah. I think he wanted to ask me how it went with me watching Noah, but made it clear I didn’t feel like talking to him as I kept my arms crossed over my chest, my lip sealed and my eyes looking anywhere but at him.

When Joshua and Noah were finally gone, and realized I was alone in the house. Looking around I saw how empty and quiet it was now in the house. I suddenly gave off a sigh, much to myself as I stood there by the front door.

I started to plunder on the mere idea of how I should have invited Joshua over this Friday ... But, I was just so confused about this whole situation. For a split second I consider maybe breaking ties with both Joshua and Blake ... and starting a new chapter in my life. Only thing was I didn’t feel like that was the right choice to make right now. I was too far down the rabbit hole.

My body sluggishly inched towards my room. The second I entered, I went over to my bed and collapsed on it. My eyes glanced over at my alarm clock to see that it was three in the afternoon. Mom would probably be home in a few hours and Linx would probably not be home until late tonight.

I considered flipping on the television and watching some T.V. But that thought was immediately suppressed by my laziness to get up, get the remote and turn on the televsion.

It wasn’t long, however, before my eyes drooped and sleep consumed me.

***

“Sapphire, wakey, wakey,” a deep voice said to me. I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder and then I was slightly shaken. “Wake up, Sappy.”

Cracking open my eyes I saw Blake sitting on my bed beside me. He smiled the moment I fully opened my brown eyes and looked at him.

“Good morning,” he muttered to me.

I buried my head in my pillow and gave off a moan. I was in no way wanting to get out of bed at ... wait! What time is it? My head snapped in the direction of my clock to see that it was ten-thirty in the morning. I arched an eyebrow in confusion. There was no way that I slept nineteen hours straight. That was impossible! Sitting up quickly I rubbed my eyes. “What time is it?” I asked Blake, hoping that my alarm clock was wrong.   

“Ten-thirty,” he stated.

I grunted and moaned, “I have slept over nineteen hours ... yet I want to go back to sleep.”

Blake gave off a small chuckle, “come on. I have everything planned for today and since you cancelled on me yesterday, we are starting two hours early. Now, get up, get dressed and let’s go.”

I gave off another moan and then faced dived forward unto my bed. “I don’t wanna get out of bed!" I whined.

“Don’t act like three-year-old, Sappy!” Blake demanded as he realized I really wasn’t willing to get up.