29 ☦︎︎ Lovesong

Richie watched as Eddie walked over to the passenger's seat door, staring at the concrete ground as he waited for Richie to unlock the car doors. After Richie unlocked them, he got into the driver's seat and slipped the car key into the ignition and turned the car on as Eddie opened the car door and sat in his seat.

Richie put his seatbelt on, looking over at Eddie who looked out of the window with his seat belt already around his body. As Richie began to drive out of his parking spot, Eddie turned to him. "So, this is your car?" Eddie questioned, trying to fill the awkward silence that was bound to roam the air at one point.

"Well, my brother and I share the car, but he usually just bikes to school with his five friends." Richie answered as navigated out of the parking lot.
"Oh, I didn't know you had a brother." Eddie giggled, the sound of his laughter filling the space in the car, making Richie feel warm.

"Oh!" Eddie exclaimed, snapping his head towards Richie, "Do you think we could stop at my house before we go to your's?" Eddie added, he just now remembered that he needed to get ready for him and Matthew's date.

Richie turned his head to look at Eddie for a split second before turning his eyes back to the road, "Anything for you, Eds." Richie said, turning to drive in the direction of Eddie's house. Eddie looked away at Richie's comment, attempting to hide the obvious blush on his face. Richie didn't seem to notice.

Only a couple minutes later, they reached the Kaspbrak residence. Eddie took his seatbelt off and slipped out of the car with a wave to Richie, walking to the front and stepping in after opening it.

Richie waited in his car, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel in a rhythmic order whilst his eyes roamed around the neighbourhood. Richie thought about anything and everything as he waited for Eddie to return. The ravenette heard the sound of a door opening through his rolled-down windows. When he looked to his right, he saw Eddie step out of his house, and...

"Fuck." Richie whispered under his breath as he stared at Eddie with his mouth hanging open slightly.

Even though Eddie was only wearing an oversized t-shirt with an oversized pair of overalls, Richie thought he looked perfect; which he would never admit out loud.
Richie looked Eddie up and down, taking in every detail of the small brunette boy he found flawless.

The ends of his overalls were cuffed, leaving space for his tanned ankles to show. His overalls were a baby blue, pairing perfectly with the pearly white of his oversized t-shirt and his glowing, tanned skin. His slim arms poked out of the sleeves of his shirt, making him look smaller than he already is.

And his face. The face Richie found himself staring at very often. The face Richie wished he could see throughout his days. His eyes shone melted caramel in the sun, and a natural honey colour at dusk. His cheeks were trickled with brown freckles along with his small button nose. Every time a rosy tint appeared under his freckles, Richie found himself blushing with him. His lips were a pink that matched immaculately with his skin. His hair looked more puffed up than usual, which Richie could only guess was due to styling it. His hair was a medium brown that shone a dark gold when he stood in the bright rays of sun.

Richie didn't notice Eddie had already sat down and was staring up at him with a confused yet flushed expression until the small boy finally spoke. "Uh, Rich?" He asked with pink cheeks that he decided to ignore.

Richie heard him call him by his nickname, which snapped him out of his daze. His stomach filled with a familiar fluttery feeling he got when he was around Eddie; a feeling he, personally, could only describe as the feeling of butterflies caged in his stomach.

"I- s- hi." Richie stammered, his cheeks growing a light red due to embarrassment and- something else. Eddie giggled once more, causing Richie's stomach to do somersaults. "Hi to you, too." Eddie said softly between giggles.