9 ☦︎︎ Beautiful Blonde

It was two days later, Wednesday, and Eddie was ecstatic. Today was the day Matthew would be coming over to his house and Eddie could not wait to get school over with for the day.

Eddie had experienced a great day the day before, Matthew had talked to him more, and - surprisingly - he had not seen Richie anywhere. Not that he was complaining or anything.

But, he really wondered where he was. Sure, Richie has skipped a couple classes in the past, but Eddie doesn't think he hasn't seen Richie for an entire day. Not that he cares or anything. It's just weird.

Eddie was walking to school, looking forward to a great day today as he walked. He thought of Matthew the whole way there, but snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a familiar voice. Sure enough, he looked up and saw Richie at the entrance of the school.

Eddie just stood in place, looking at the scene. He didn't want to be seen by Richie, incase he hurt him, so he just stayed in place and hoped Richie would soon move so he can make his way to his first period.

Richie was leaned against the wall with a smirk on his face, flirting with a very beautiful blonde girl. The girl looked like she was uncomfortable, she looked stiff, but Eddie still felt slightly envious of her, but he was confused as to why.

It's because she's really pretty Eddie thought to himself.

After a short moment, Richie looked to his left and saw Eddie, his smirk falling flat. Eddie's blood went cold. He didn't wanna get beat up now. Not now. He doesn't want to be late to his first period. He wants to show up on time for Matthew.

But a second later, Richie just looked away, back to the beautiful blonde.

Eddie was confused, but he didn't want to wait outside looking at Richie flirting with the girl any longer. He thought about just walking behind Richie to enter the school. It was a risk Eddie was willing to take, if Richie didn't bother to acknowledge Eddie at first, he would probably ignore him a second time.

Eddie quickly passed behind Richie, and to his luck, Richie either ignored him, or didn't notice him at all. Either way, Eddie made it inside the school and quickly made his way to his locker.

After gathering his things, he made his way to math, assuming Stan and Bill already left to math together since Eddie was running late.

Sure enough, he saw Stan and Bill caught up in a conversation as he walked through the doors of the classroom with one minute left to spare. Matthew, Stan, and Bill looked back at the sound of the door opening and closing.

Eddie's cheeks became a slight pink as Matthew's eyes glanced in Eddie's way. Matthew offered a smile that Eddie returned.
Eddie made his way to his seat, and almost immediately Stan tapped his shoulder from behind.

Eddie turned around and looked at Stan in a way that told him to tell him what he needs to tell him. Stan wore and excited smile as he whispered "Eddie, I think Matthew's into you!"

Eddie tilted his head to the side in confusion.
"How would you know?" Eddie whispered back.

"No, literally a couple seconds ago he was w-"

Stan was cut off by Mr. Berman entering the room. Stan gave Eddie a 'I'll tell you later' look, to which Eddie nodded and turned around to place his head on his arms, which rested intertwined on his desk.

"Hello, students, just a reminder that your math projects are due on Monday, I would hope that you have been planning them out so far..." Mr. Berman spoke.

Eddie didn't really care about what else his teacher had to say, but him and Matthew had been planning their project out over text and facetime.

Eddie turned his gaze towards Matthew, to see him already staring at him. Matthew's eyes widened by the slightest but and he turned away. Eddie could have sworn he saw a pink tint resting on Matthew's face as he turned away.

Eddie couldn't help but smile to himself at the fact. Maybe he could believe Stanley's suspicions a little more after that.

Richie saw Eddie standing farther away from the school as he was flirting with Kinley, the beautiful blonde. He thought about leaving Kinley standing there and going up to Eddie to tease him, but then he saw his face.

He looked expressionless and in thought, but also had slightly wide eyes, a tiny bit wider than his usual doe eyes.

Please don't remember anything, please don't remember anything Richie prayed to himself

He looked away because he couldn't bring himself to look at him incase he remembers anything. After a couple seconds, he saw movement in the direction Eddie was standing. He took the quickest glance with his eyes to the place Eddie was standing, and yep. He was headed for the doors.

Richie thought about leaving Kinley, again, and stepping in Eddie's way to block him and throw some witty slurs at him, but he didn't. He wouldn't care if he left Kinley hanging again, she was nothing but a hookup anyway.

Kiss then forget. That's what Richie does.

Richie mentally punched himself. Don't be such a pussy Richie thought to himself.

He can't keep avoiding Eddie. So what if there was a chance Eddie remembered what happened on Tuesday? Richie needs to show him he didn't mean anything by it.

Richie was zoned out, and when he finally escaped his thoughts, Kinley was gone. Richie sighed and made his way inside the school and headed for his first period, though he was already late. He didn't care. His classmates didn't care. His teacher didn't care. Nobody cared.

Richie sat down in his assigned seat and all he got was a glance from his teacher before he laid his head on his desk and paid no attention, like always.