Chapter 11: Resonse

"Where?" I said.

"We all have been thinking that we should all go camping and you know, have so funn together," said my best friend Simon. He is keeping something from me. I can tell because he is smiling but his eyes are filled with worry. I realize that nobody answer my qusetion. "Where?" I said again but with seriousness.

They all look at each other and Zane looks at me this time with cold eyes. He's never look at me that way before. After what seem like hours of silence, which Zack brakes finally and said," In the woods by our family lake. At the cabin we played at when we were kids. Remember?" I do of course. That lake was clean and always seemed like it was soothing. That lake was also the place where my mom and dad meeting place. Now that I think about it......Mom...

.......I miss her.

I answer it with a nod. Zack speaks again," You know Rave? If you dont want to go there its ok. I know you had some history there about your parents and all so-" "yes," I said. Everyone looks at me with a surprise look on their faces. "Are you sure rave?" said Zane putting his hand on my shoulder and looking at me with worry. I nod and say,"Why not? I got nothing to do anyway....So why not?" They all were quiet but still look at me with what is mix with worry and something I still cant put my finger on.

Zack gets up and walks to me. He beens down to my eye level and said something I never thought I hear again. "Raven, my strong-willed cousin." He puts his hand in the air and keeps it there. I hesitated for only a moment, but I do the same. We touch hands and stay there for a while. He smiles what seems like happiness but is only a smile that is hungry with a look in his eyes. Like what a predidor looks at its prey.

Cole and everyone looks at me. At that moment one of the guys from the livingroom said," Hey its getting late. We out bro." Zane looks at him saying," Cool bro. See ya later." And the guy heads out. They must be walking home 'cause I hear laughter in the distance. Im still thinking about the little vacation we are soon to take.

"When will we be leaving?" I said.

"The day after tomorrow." said Cole.

"Does Aunt Becky know?" I said.

"Yes. She said as long as its ok with you then she doesnt care." said Zack.

"Ok then. Thats all I need to know then. All right." I said and put my headphones back in and started to read again as if Im losing interest. But I am really not. If anything, Im started to think about my situation. Everybody keeps acting weriod. Its as if they are all keeping in a secret inside that is eating away at them from the inside. It is getting annoying. The day be for tomorrow, eh?

After this coversation....I think I'm about to find out........Sooner or later.