Chapter 25: A Guardian

(Raven's P.O.V)

I'm running in the darkness again, but this time I feel like I'm running faster then my pursuers. I look behind me to see if they are still behind me. Thank the lord they weren't. I literally skidded to a stop, breathing heavily. I wipe my forehead because I musthave been sweating like crazy.
Finally when breathing is back to normal, I turn around but is soon frozen in fear. There stands right in front of me is everyone I ever cared about, but their eyes are not normal. They stare back at me with black bloodthirsty eye's and a huge hole in there chest where their heart should be. "Raven.....you coward!" Said what looks like Kris...my best friend.
"I'm not a coward!" I say back but they all just say different things.
"You left me for dead!"
"No...I didn't do that!"
"Your nothing but a coward!"
"I'm not a coward!"
"How could you....you betrayed me!"
"Just....shut up..."
"I'm very disappointed in you!"
"Stop it!"
"Your nothing to me!"
"Shut up!"
"Why can't you just die!" They all suddenly lunged for me and then.....

I wake up with a start, my body drenched in sweat. Intense Pain washes over me like a strong wave. I yelled out and cursed afterwards. "Fuck!" I say loudly. I look around the room for something to help me up with but all I see in front of me is a normal size plasma screen on top of a dresser, a door to my right, a nightstand and I'm laying in a queen size bed. I look down and see that I'm wrapped in bandages. I have no shirt on nor bra, the bandages were wrapped around my upper body so only my right arm is exposed. I sit up all the way and wince in pain.
Knock knock
The door opens to show me a guy with black like army and a long dark red cape, a sword on his side. He looks familiar in my eyes but I don't know where....
"So your finally awake?" He said.

(Renji's P.O.V)

I look at the princess with no emotion. She looks at me back as if she is trying to remember something but can't figure it out. I walked over to her and sat down besides her. Are you alright princess?" I asked gently. Al she does is look at me....It makes me feel nervous but eventually she answered my question. "I'm fine....who are you? where am I?" she asked. I smiled softly. "My name is Renji. One of the great five guardians and master of speed. You are at my home."
She nods and looks down at her jands that are in her lap. Her eye's don't hold any light in them at all. her eye's are only dull and lifeless as if she is dying on the inside. I have the strongest erg to hug her and tell her everything will be alright. I was once told that the princess had the brightest light full eye's from multiple rumors. Just look at her now, makes me want to make the rumor true.
What do I do?

(Normal P.O.V.)

I look up at Renji and finally I say what is on my mind for a while....
"Renji....was that you who saved me?" I said weakly. He nods and smiles sofly at me. "So your the one who killed Amber?" I ask. He nods again. "How?" I asked again. "I'm a master of speed. I can move from one place to another in only a blink of an eye. It's very usefull in battle when it's necessary. understand?" he said softly. I nod.
Remembering my dream from just now made me shitter as if everything around me turn cold. Renji sees this and grabs another blanket from a chair in the room and places it around my shoulders. "Thank you." I said quietly. "It's no problem at all princess." Renji said with a smile on his face. He truly is happy....I wonder why but I don't think I should ask him cause I don't want to come off as rude. I try to get up but as soon as my body left the warm, soft, comfort of the bed; my legs still couldn't support my weight and I fall face first. I didn't see renji move but he catches me and gently picks me up. Something cold was holding me in place. It was touching my thigh, holding me in place. I looked down to see it's a metal hand holding me. "your hand is-" I said but he interrupted me. "metal...yes, my hand is metal." He said gently. I looked up him. "I didn't even see u move..."
He nods and places me gently on the bed. Tucking me in as if I'm a child.
Then a thought pop up in my mind. What if...he can teach me? What if I learn the meaning of speed andcan finally become stronger then I am now. That way everyone wouldn't have to save me from....everything.
That's right!
I want him to teach me.
I want to be stronger, to protect the ones I loved.
To not feel weak!

"teach me...." I said quietly.
"what was that princess?" he said.
"teach me what you know! I want to become stronger and to protect the ones I care about! I want to-" I scream but was interrupted when he covered my mouth with his hand. He looks deep into my eye's and his smile had fell long ago. Leaving behind a emotionless face.
"So much determination in your eye's. Your weak and wounded right now. But I promise you, once your healed, we will start your training. understand princess?" He said matter-of-factly. I nod and he removes his hand from my mouth. With his smile back on his face, he gets up and leaves.
Finally, I get to become stronger and if this helps maybe these dreams I keep having will go away finally!
I clenched my fist and fistbumps the air. Once I'm healed, I'll be better.

Once I'm better, I'll be stronger then you.......
.....Mother....

Now that I think aboit it....I miss mom. The one person that truly will always have my heart...no matter what the cost. Just as I was thinking of this my inner demon speaks.

"hey Raven. Your mother was....beautiful that one day.." Lazarus said sofly. No sarcasm. No anger. No arrogant remarks. Just sadness. As if she knew my mother......Wait a minute...is it possible that....
"What are you talking about?" I asked sharply. "Your mother Raven. She was truly beautiful, elgent, and brave. Her will was as strong as the moon and her will was truly lightweight. I can see it inside you deep down. Your strong will. It makes me think that...maybe your mother's will has been passed down when she went to the underworld.
    "The underworld?" I asked confused. As if the demon was not in my body, a presence of a hand was felt on my shoulder; as if to protect me. "Yes. The underworld. If you want...we can go to the portal that leads to the underworld if you like. To see your mother...and our former homeland." She said softly.
Completely frozen in place. Rhinking abour makes me as if frightened and angry. The underworld. My homeland. I can go see mom.

........Mother.......