Chapter 21: Dante

(Normal P.O.V.)

I wake up to the sound of birds sing a lovely tone that makes me want to smile softly. Then I hear two male voices out side my room door. Of course I'm a nosy person so I easedrop on the conversation they were having.

"My lord, I'm sorry." Said a familiar male voice. "Its all right Dante. I can understand that much. I'm just worried. Only a drop has awake and seaped out so we didn't suffer any real damage." Said a deep voice I know all to well.
King Jacob.

"If I may ask sir, what would happen if princess raven were to fully awaken?" Dante said. There was silence for a few moments then king Jacob spoke again. "Then her destiny will finally be underway. She will begin her purpose. Now, go check on her."

"Yes my lord," said Dante. I then hear footsteps walking away from my door. Dante walks in and shuts the door behind him. He walks near my bed and sits near me in a chair. He has bags under his eyes. He must haven't slept while I was out.

"How long was I out?" I say to him.
"Half a day." Dante said to me quietly.
"Have you slept?" I say. He nods but I don't believe him. He notices too.

"Raven, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I'm just glad that your alright." He said giving me a tired smile. Of course I'm alright. Wait, now that I'm thinking about it.....

"What happened?" I asked. He looks down, not making eye contact with me. He started to tell me everything. He told me that my inner demon came out and went on a rampage. My inner demon injured a few guards and killing tons of other lower guards too. He also told me that in the prosses that Cole and Zane were also injured and they are in the infirmary.

My stomach feels so empty. I feel like I'm about to throw up. "Then it's my fault?" I siad disappointed and emtly. He takes my hand and still hasn't look me in the eyes.

"It isn't your fault. That happened to all of us too when we were younger. It's ok. I promise." He said sweetly and truthfully. It only calms me down aliitle bit but still...it makes me sad.

"Hey Dante?" I said.

"Yeah?" He said still not looking at me in the eyes.

"Can you do me a favor?" I said quietly.

"Anything..."He said.

"I need you to give me a ride to a few places," I said. Dante looks at me finally. Meeting my eyes, he searches my eyes as if he wants me to give him a explaination, yet I don't intend to. After what seems like a long moment, he nods and wiggle a finger to mean come here in a way. I sit up and do as he orders me and then suddenlly he wraps a arm around my shoulder as if to confort me. I don't move and lay my head on his strong brod, tense like shoulders.

"Raven, promise me something...." He said quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"Promise me that you....you won't leave me." He said finally with his voice braking at the end like he is hurt by something. I won't question him. Not now, anyway....

"Pinky promise?" I said and held out my pinky. He looks at me and then wrap his pinky around my pinky. "Promise" I said finally with a small smile. He returns the smile and then kisses my forehead gently. "Don't ever change," He said and I nodded.

He lets go of me and stands up, walking over to the closet. I am left alone to my thoughts.

Its my fault that Zane and the others are in a imfirmary. I did it? Why?

There is so many things I need answering but I need to know a few things. I need to know if Zack and everyone is alright. I need to also check in on Black. I need to tell him everything because no matter how crazy....he'll be there for me. Even if its crazy. I get out of the bed and stretch. Dante comes in the room with his coat on. Which is the color of twilight. He hands me my gear and walks out the room.

"Its time...," I said to myself. I soon change into my gear and walk out the room meeting Dante at the door.

"Ready?" He said to me calmly. I nod and we both began walking down hallways and corridors in a uncomfertable silence.