21

POV Avery:

The next morning I woke up earlier from Soph.  Ava called me and said she was coming with Evelyn and Leah, so I had to make breakfast for everyone. When I was ready with the breakfast, I returned to the bedroom and tried to wake Soph up.

- Stop- she groaned. Her eyes opened when she felt my hand on her thigh.

- Wake up. Ava is coming- i got out of bed and pulled back the curtains- Breakfast is ready. I'm waiting for you in the kitchen.

Ava, Evelyn, and Leah came. Soph was still getting dressed and we were waiting for her. It wasn't long before she came. She was wearing a gray sweatshirt and shorts.  She looked at us, rubbed her eyes and said good morning.

- Wow, looks like someone had a wild night.

- Shut up, Leah.

She definitely didn't want to talk about what happened last night. She picked up a chair and sat down and looked at Ava and Evelyn.

- Ava... - she said- I can see a hickey.

- Oh um, it's not a hickey. A mosquito bit me.

- We all know it's not from a mosquito- i said and she tried to cover it with her hand.

- You can think whatever you want.

- I'm done eating- Soph said. I got up to get her plate but she didn't give it to me.

- What are you doing?

- I want to put your plate in the sink.

- I can do it by myself.

Without saying anything else, she headed to the kitchen. She grabbed her phone and started looking for something. I got up and went to her.  She was leaning against the refrigerator, not paying attention to me.

- Is everything alright?

-Yes.

- Then why are you behaving like that?

- Because..... I love you and you do so much for me and i feel like i can't give you back the same.

- Soph- i grabbed her face and look her in the eyes- I love you too. I really do. Every morning I wake up next to you, spend my day with you and then fall asleep with you. What more could I want. You are a part of my life and always will be.

- Okay.

-Okay.

We went back to our friends.

- So how was your little date with Evelyn, Ava?- i asked.

- It was fun.

- Just fun? Not romantic or awesome?

- No, no. It was all that and we had our little moment.

- Your little what?- Leah said.

- Not that moment, Leah. I mean we were just the two of us, watching the stars, talking and learning a lot more about each other. Then we got in the car and went to get a pizza, we stopped in a parking lot, played music and enjoyed the moment.

- You know what. Everyone goes out with someone and I sit at home all day and do nothing. I think it's time to find a partner.

- O wow. The streets girl wants a partner? This is something new- I said and she looked at me all serious.

- Yes, so fun but my requirements are very high. I can't imagine myself with someone basic. I don't want her or him to do boring stuff and i to pretend i have fun.

- Wait a minute. You don't know if you want to be with a boy or a girl.

- I mean.... Yes, why?

-Oh my God, Leah- Ava said- As your cousin, I've never seen you look at boys as more than just friends. Do you remember the first time you had a crush on a girl?

- Yes, it was awful.

- It was awful because you never told her about your feelings. You waited too long and now she is gone.

- Have you never told someone how you feel about them?- Evelyn joined the conversation.

- No... I just don't like to talk about my feelings.

- Leah you will never find a partner if you don't do something about it. If you want to be with someone, you have to tell them, not to stand and wait for a miracle to happen.

- You are right.

- She is always right- Ava said and reached out to kiss her.

I smiled at them. They were cute together.

- Ava can we talk for a moment- Soph said taking Ava's hand and headed to the bedroom.

POV Soph:

- For what you want to talk about?

- You know I trust you in everything and I want it to stay between us.

- Sure.

- So, last night I was with Avery as usual and we talked about things. She was all cute and..... And i started everything.

- What you mean you started everything?

- I kissed her first then she told me she loved me and I kissed her again and I felt amazing. I felt that warm feeling in my stomach and everything was perfect.

- So you were just kissing?

- No, we had our moment and it was great until she was doing  stuff, but when i got on top i.... I just couldn't do anything.

- What happened?

- I looked at her eyes and i saw the desire. I knew she needed me but- i was cut off.

- You wasn't ready?

- I wasn't.

- But you wanted it to happened, right?

- Yes.

- Don't think just act.

- Don't quote High Nomad.

- That is all i can say. She is your person and there is nothing to be scared about. Just don't push yourself to things you are not ready to do.

- Ava, Evelyn is so lucky.

- No, I'm the lucky one.

We returned to the kitchen and Leah looked at us strangely. It was like we've done something wrong.

- What were you talked about?- Avery asked.

- Personal things.

- It's not personal that you are the lucky one to have someone like Avery- Ava said.

- Oh no, I'm the lucky one- her hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to her- She is not just someone who is a part of my life, she is a part of me, she makes every day different from the other, she is the person with who you can talk for hours and not get bored, she is just.... Different.

- I think we should leave- Ava said looking at her phone. She looked kinda worried.

- Did something happened?

- No, but me and Evelyn have some work to do, maybe we will come back later.

- You are always welcome- i said and they hugged us for goodbye and left the house.