9

The sun rays invaded Soph's room. She opened her eyes and checked her phone. Avery hadn't called or texted her, and she was worried. She didn't want to think the worst, but what if something bad had happened? What would she do without her?  How would she accept it? She decided to call her.

- Soph.... Oh my- Soph I'm so sorry I didn't call you when I got home. I forgot. Mom and I are overwhelmed with work and I completely forgot.  I'm sorry.

- Are you okay?

- Yes, yes I'm okay. How are you? Did something interesting happen since I'm not there?

- I'm good and yes but it's not that interesting.

- Why? What happened?

-  Ava called me last night. She wanted to talk about something.

- What's that?

- Savannah. Do you know what she want?

- No.

- She want to be with you, Avery. She told Ava to go out with me more often so she can spend more time with you.

- Wait, wait, WAIT. You were out alone with Ava?

- Yes, but she didn't do anything bad to me. She explained to me why she treats me like that and I can say that this is very kind of her. She even introduced me to her cousin.

- Okay ..... So she's not as bad as I thought.

- Yes, she said she wanted us to go out together when you got back. Speaking of that. When will you be back?

- One week. I know I promised you it would be in a few days, but it just can't happen.

- Do not worry. It is not a problem. Finish your work and then you will come.

- Okay, my mother is calling me. I will call you later. I love you.

She hung up before Soph told her she loved her too. When she heard that, she smiled. The way she made her feel ... It was unreal.  She could make her feel like the happiest girl in the world with just a few words. Not long after, she received a call from an unknown number. This began to happen much more often and irritated her.

- Good morning. It's Leah.

- Leah? Did Ava give you my number?

- Of course, otherwise, where else will I get it from.

- Okay. What you want?

- Savannah found out that you and Ava went out last night and she knows for what you were talking. Savannah said she was coming to your house to talk with you.

- Oh, she is welcome. I know she won't do anything to me.

- Okay, but if anything happens, call me or Ava. Please.

Soph went into the living room and soon heard a knock on the door. She got up and opened the door. It was Savannah. She was waiting for her.

- Can i come in? - Savannah asked.

Soph stepped back and she entered.

- Is anyone else here?

- No, it's just us.

- I know you were waiting for me. I'm not here to do something bad to you, I just want to tell you some things you don't know.

There was complete silence in the room.  Savannah sat down in a chair and began to speak.

- You really are a good girl. I guess your friends are like you. Funny, beautiful, smart, they like to help people, they do good things and in return they expect nothing. Am I right?

- Yes but there are things you know about me.

- I'm sure there is. I can't know everything about you. Everyone has secrets.

- Okay, what do you want? I know you're not here to share secrets.

- I'm not what you think I am, Soph. I was the same as you until a very special person appeared in my life.  LWe were like you and Avery. We did crazy things, I usually lived alone but she came every time when she was free. Everything was great but everything good has an end.

Savannah got up from her chair and sat on the couch next to Soph. She looked at her and saw how calm she was.

- I don't want you to go through all these things that happened to me.

- What's wrong with you?  How do you know Avery is like that? You've only known her for a few days, you've only seen her three times, and you think you know her better than I do? Also, if you think Avery is like this special person you're talking about, why do you want to be with her?  Why do you want to go through all this again?

- Because I know how to deal with it.

-Great, I know how to deal with her and I can control my feelings. I don't need your help so please leave. I don't want to lead stupid conversations.

Savannah left and Soph was alone again.  Confused by what happened. It was late, she took a shower, and after she came out of the bathroom, Avery called her. They were talking about the strange conversation with Savannah, and Avery was shocked. They talked for long and she fell asleep.