Book 2; 10

Chapter 10

Yungri's POV

"Hey." the cold rusty voice coming from the other side of the line made me open my eyes. I slept late last time. About midnight I guess?

"Hey." I tried to make my voice cute in front of him but it didn't work. My voice still sounds like a dying whale.

I heard muffling and small giggles from the other line. "Good morning."

I sighed at the vision of him. I miss being locked up in his arms. I miss being kissed on the ear. I missed my hair being combed by his fingers. I miss his raspy voice calling out my name.

"Good morning." I sit and glance over the clock beside me. 6:34 a.m. "Why were you up so early?" I sunk myself to the cushion bed again, not feeling the morning vibes.

"I want to wake you up early." he laughs cutely afterwards. You know the laugh you make when you flirt? Yeah, that's exactly what he's doing.

"I hate mornings." I stretched my arms and close my eyes. "You're dressed?"

"Yep. I just jogged earlier. You? Are you still dreaming of me?" I laughed at him.

"Yah, I'm not dreaming of you. I'm--" I silently pulled my body up. "--I'm already up. In fact, I am going in the shower."

His small giggles stopped. "Jjinja?"

I sat back to the bed. "You already know how to speak Korean? Since when?"

"Since you talked with Jungkook last time. I don't understand a single thing your talking about. So I thought about learning the basics." he says, sounding so proud of himself. I rolled my eyes and places my phone between my shoulder and my ear.

"It was just nothing." I opened the door to the restroom and searched for the bath towel.

"I don't think so." I coukd sense him pouting.

"By the way, where are you?" I say, changing the topic.

"At home with some friends from New Jersey." I was about to feed on my toothbrush but stopped it at the moment.

"Friends from New Jersey?"

"Yeah. I remembered most of them, they are helping me tho. So, I better go now. Few of them ordered pizza and other food so I should catch up. You should continue brushing your teeth. Bye! See you!"

When the dial tone starts, I look out to the window. Wait, no one can see me inside... right?

After having breakfast, I decided to hike down on the neighborhood.

I wore my jacket and fixed my hair into a ponytail. I stood near mom's room and yelled over. "Mom, I'll be out for a sec." I was about to step down the stairs but her door opened. When I turn around, I saw dad on his morning outfit and with his bed hair.

"Hey there. Good morning."

"Hi dad. Good morning!" He smiles happily. I think something is not right... but in a good way.

"Are you going out hiking?" he wears his glasses and sniffs his nose.

"Yes. I'll just be out for a bit." he smiles at me, his face not even turning old. "Uhh--I made some fish fillet, fried rice and boiled some eggs. Finish them all before going to work, okay?" he nods and smiles at me.

"Yes, sargeant! Be careful out there." he raises his hand and shoots me a salute.

I did the same to him.

After a few round trip around the neighborhood, I decided to sit down to the small abandoned house.

As I breathe in and out, I wipe my sweat using my shirt underneath my jacket. I lift my head up and smell the fresh air.