26

"Dad, is this a joke?" That's a stupid question, I know. But I want to make sure. This thing is just too much for me to absorb.

Why on Earth would my father say that I'm not his daughter?

He just sighed.

"Dad, answer me."

"Yungri, I think you should rest now. I'll tell you tomorrow. All you have to know now is that memory your using now isn't from the real Yungri. It's from someone else."

My heart was shattered. I don't know what to say or what to act. This things were so new and hard to understand.

When dad almost step out from the door, I called out to him. "But... how?" I said, dumbfounded.

He looked down and then on me again. "Just to let you know, we did that because we love you."

When the door was closed, I cried and his my face in the pillow.

"I hate my life!" Everything I knew is a lie? Then who am I? Whose memory am I holding unto? What really happened?

I covered my wet face with a pillow. If I could just strangle myself to death.

Ugh.

Just as I was boring myself to death, my phone sang to the ringtone I never wished I'll hear.

That's the ringtone I specially assigned for Jr.

From: Mine

Can see you tomorrow?

Psh. I just locked up my phone and threw it on the floor. Don't worry it has a carpet in it. And besides, I'm hating myself. Not just because I remembered he's my boyfriend, not because he's name on my phone is super cheesy, but because even after all the confusions and anger, I still miss him and I still want to see him.

Shit, I should kill myself for being so cheesy all of a sudden.

I slowly drifted to sleep.

And afterwards, I forgot about everything in the real world. I won't be crying or be angry at my sleep, because when I wake up tomorrow, I know those feelings won't be absent.

----

"Rise and shine!" I almost jumped off the bed. I saw Mark's reflection from Minho's actions.

"Stop jumping in my bed, Minho." I rubbed my eyes and gently brushed my hair with my fingertips. Minho sat beside me and pouted. "Aww, don't be sad, you could always jump here while I'm away."

"I'm sad because you look so ugly." This time it was my turn to pout.

"You mean brother..." I grabbed him and tickled his side and neck. Just then, AOA "Short Hair" just boomed out of my alarm clock.

"Turn that off." Minho ordered. I shrugged my head.

"I won't. Besides, the tempo is catchy, isn't it?" he faked himself vomiting himself to death. I rolled my eyes to him. "Whatever. Its a better alarm song than Miss A "Hush". Suzy isn't even beautiful!" I said, sticking out my tongue. He turned red and was about to outburst on what I said about his crush.

"W--Well, TOP isn't even that attractive either. He looks old and even thin for his age." I stick out my tongue to him again and covered my ears.

"Hey, both of you, cut that out." Mom just went inside and stopped our bickering. "Breakfast is ready."

Both of us smiled to our lovely mother and we both raced downstairs. There I saw dad eating pancakes and is reading a Korean newspaper and an English magazine on top of the table besides his plate of pancakes.