Thirty Six

-Juju in the MM

"I can take her from you if you'd like, Grandma." I said to my grandmother who was holding Juju in her arms. She'd had her all night and all day ever since the funeral.

"No baby. You go on and do what you're doing." She waved me off.

"Okay well, here's the cup of tea that you asked for." I sat the cup and saucer on the end table beside her as she nodded a thanks.

I went and sat on the back porch where my siblings and cousin TJ were. For once TJ and I were getting along.

"I feel for Grandma guys." I sighed as I took a seat.

"Me too. She holding up alright though." Jay said. "I thought the funeral was going to be hard for her yesterday but she made it through."

"Can we talk about something else?" Jasmine asked as we all fell into silence.

"I ain't got no news." TJ said.

Everyone turned towards me. I frowned at all three of them.

"Don't look over here." I rolled my eyes.

"Ever since you went down south your entire existence has been news and drama." Jay stated.

"Kiss my ass, it has not been." I picked at my nails.

"Then what's the latest thing that's happened in your life?" TJ questions.

I thought about it. Family or not I didn't really want them in my business. Especially about Justin denying the paternity of Julianna. Other than that I had nothing to say.

"What's your love life like?" He asked.

"Non existent." I said.

"Sex life?"

"Non existent." I smirked while thinking back to the bomb tonguing that Quan gave me the other night.

"Damn." He sat back in his seat.

"You're lying." Jay said with his arms folded across his chest.

"Prove it." I cocked my left eyebrow at him.

"Give me your phone." He held his hand out and I gladly passed it to him. There was nothing in there.

We all continued talking about nothing and everything until Jay threw my phone on the table.

"Told ya ass!" He yelled.

I shook my head and unlocked my phone to see my text messages. The thread with Quan was up.

Of course he would choose him to text. My face turned red as I read the sex filled conversation that my brother just had with him before passing it to my nosey cousin and sister.

"That proves nothing." I told them sitting back in my seat.

-----------

"Mom!" I yelled entering her house.

"What?" She yelled back. I couldn't figure where at in the house she was.

"Where you at woman?"

"In my office! And stop yelling in my damn house!"

I rolled my eyes as I walked down the hall to her office. "Like you wasn't yelling too." I mumbled.

"What did you say?" She said when I entered the room.

"Nothing." I sighed.

"Where's fat mama?"

"Jay has her. Can we talk?"

"About?"

"Baby daddy." She huffed and looked up from her laptop.

"What happened?"

I took a seat on the couch and began playing with my fingers. I was trying to figure out how to tell her without having to tell her how I slept around just a bit.

"Today Siani, I have to be to the salon in a little while. You know my patience runs a thin line."

"I think that he thinks Juju isn't his. Like his girlfriend has to be feeding him this bullsh- stuff." I quickly corrected. "I know he's the father, it can't be anyone else."

"Well there has to be reason as to why he thinks this."

"Mom trust me when I say there isn't." I ran my hand across the suede decorative pillow that sat in my lap.

"Men don't just out of the blue question paternity unless the female has a bad reputation or he flat out doesn't want to be a father." She said.

"Whose side are you on? Mine or his?" I squinted my eyes.

"You better get your chinky eyed ass on. I'm on neither side because I don't know the story."

I threw the pillow to the side in frustration. All I wanted was for her to tell me something; give me a little advice.

"Just tell me what I should do."

"Fuck him." She said before shutting her laptop closed. "Not actually fuck him but leave his ass where he is. If he thinks Juju isn't his then let him. He knows you two had sex. He knows if he's the father, as do you. I hope that you weren't out there whoring around to have him thinking this."

"No." I lied. "Should I do a paternity test?"

"Do you want to?" She asked.

I thought about it. Did I really want to? Proving him right wouldn't do much but it would shut his girl and his crazy ass mom up. Hell, all you had to do was look at my daughter and you see Justin and a little of me.

"I do but I'm afraid of what will happen when we get the results. Like they're going to be positive but you don't know Justin like I know Justin. He might try something like taking Julianna from me." I admitted.

"Do what you feel is best. Now get out of here and go get some rest since you and Jasmine leave tonight." She ordered.

"Okay, thanks. This advice was way better than what you gave on my first breakup." I laughed.

"Fuck that nigga too." She mumbled when I was out the room.

"I heard that." I yelled.

"I intended for you to hear it!"

I shook my head and headed up the steps to rest up until it was time to leave. I knew what I had to do and I was ready to do it.

Things were either going to go left or right. I was hoping for the latter.

-This is just a filler. Writing about the funeral and all would've been too emotional for me so I did away with that.