Seven

"Mop." Jamar pushed me.

"Move Jamar." I slapped his hands away from my face and then I heard a little giggle.

My eyes popped open to see his baby brother Ja'el sitting on his knees in front of me covering his mouth.

"My baby!" I squealed hugging him and then pinching his cheeks.

"No tickles!" He screamed as I started tickling him.

"I missed you Ja'el."

"Yeah." He nodded even though I didn't ask a question.

"Is your mom here babe?"

"No but we going over there because they're having a cookout. So get dressed."

"Okay. Can you tell the girls to come here real quick?" I asked making my way over to my suitcase.

Shae and Kia came in shortly after.

"Y'all good?" I asked.

"We're fine stop worrying about us Siani." Kia said.

"I'm just checking. His mom is having a cookout tonight."

"Girl we know. We ran into and met her at the store earlier." Shae said.

"Oh well then let's go." I walked out the room with them following.

When we got to Jamar's parents house, I was so happy to see his mom.

"Miss Angie!" I yelled hugging her.

"I told you to stop calling me that." She said popping my head.

"Sorry Mama." I laughed. "I do it to get on your nerves Miss Angie." I ducked and turned to run but bumped into his dad.

"Damn Siani." He said steadying me.

"Mr. Jay." I said.

"You better give me my hug and stop acting tough." He laughed as I bucked at him before hugging him.

"Did you and my son fight yet?"

"Don't act like you know us and almost. He be trippin bruh."

"I don't want to hear it because the both of y'all be trippin bruh." I grinned at that before walking away for a plate of Miss Angie's potato salad. I could eat that and nothing else.

Later on that night back at the house everyone was just hanging out. Some of Jamar and Tyron's friends and cousins were over so it was basically a small kickback going on.

"Siani, come up here with me." Jamar whispered. I stood up from his lap and headed upstairs after him.

"Wassup?" I asked once we were in the room. I straddled his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I got to leave tonight."

I rolled my eyes and started to climb off his lap. "Siani, wait a minute." He stopped me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know about it until after you got here and that's why I was mad. I felt bad that you came and I can't spend much time with you."

"Maybe I should go back to South Carolina then. I don't like being here and you not here." I mumbled putting my head down.

"Why? It's not like you're alone and you know how to use the guns if anything happens."

"I don't want to use no damn gun, I want you to stay." I whined.

I popped his hand that was working it's way into my pants. "Stop. You giving me head is not going to make me forget that you're leaving me tonight."

"I'll try and make it go fast so I can come back to you." He said before lightly kissing my lips. "Just don't leave, alright?"

I nodded my head. "I won't leave."

"You love me?"

"No." I laughed at the mug on his face.

"Aw babe, don't be mad. You know I love you."

"Then act like it." He snapped pushing my head back.

"You fucking act like it." I pushed his head back also.

"I hate when you curse Siani, watch your mouth."

I went to answer but was interrupted as one of the boys knocked and opened the door.

"Damn nigga, you can't fucking wait until I say come in? The fuck?" Jamar's voice boomed through the room.

"My bad man, your pops called and said let's go." The boy said before walking out.

"Go ahead, I'll be fine." I told him climbing off his lap. "I love you, be safe."

"I love you. Now stop making me soft when I gotta put all this aside and become a killer."

I was quiet when he said that. I didn't want to think of him as a killer.

After the guys left I went and sat with Shae and Kia. Shae was drinking and Kia was in her phone. I fired a blunt up and we pretty much were on chill mode until the wee hours of the morning and Jamar came in with Tyron behind him.

One look at my boyfriend and I was going off. "What the hell happened?"

His shirt was torn and was bloody. I rushed over to him and led him into the kitchen where the first aid kit was.

"You have to come up out that shirt. Did you get shot?"

He shook his head yes. "My mom got the bullets out and covered them but she had to do my dad's too so I came home."

I didn't say anything as I got to work. I poured both alcohol and peroxide into his wounds and scratches before stitching one up.

When I first started dating Jamar, his mom filled me in on everything and showed me what to do. According to her it was mandatory when your man was in this "business" and I learned that now.

"You need to tell your dad that you're done with this." I said as I cleaned the cut on his eyebrow. "What if the next time you-"

"Don't even say that Siani." He cut me off. "I'll be fine."

"Whatever. Tyron get in here!" I yelled because I needed to check him too.

Between the two of them, somebody was bound to kill me or have me crying like a big ass baby over them. It was only a matter of time.