Twenty Six

"Okay guys we are about to head on over to the cafe. I need you all to make sure that you have your badge because if not you don't eat and I won't be able to help you." I yelled out to my orientation group of ten students who would be attending Westbrook full time starting next week.

My group of kids was loud and plain old ratchet. Every single day they had me yelling or cursing at someone or ałl of them. cc reFor the past two weeks I've been going home with a headache because of them but I grew to like them.

I was a little sad that tomorrow would be my last with them on a daily basis. After Sunday I would see them around campus or something.

"Make sure you log out of the computers too. Do not shut them down!" I reminded them.

"Do not shut them down." Ray, one of the clowns in my group mimicked.

My eyes narrowed at him. "Make me snap your little skinny ass into two." I walked over to the computer station that was once occupied by him. I knew that he was one of the ones who didn't log off. His Facebook account was still up and I posted a status that said he likes dick and couldn't get enough of it.

I watched as everyone started out of the class room.

"Wait! One more thing! Meet me back in this same room at two o'clock, we have assessments to do before y'all can do your own thing." I yelled after them. I hoped they heard me.

I wasn't planning on going into the cafe to eat their food. The only thing worth eating was whatever the fry station had cooked up or the salad bar. I didn't want either.

I was lost in my bag looking for my car keys when Chris yelled my name from across the quad. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to get to me.

"Where you headed?" He asked out of breath from running once we were face to face.

"Home until one thirty. My group is getting on my nerves with their crazy asses," I huffed. "The way they act there is no way that they will make it in college."

"What you doing at home?"

"Going to roll up because I have a serious headache. Can we walk and talk, we do have to be back." I turned and began walking to the parking lot.

"You spoke to Shae? How she doing?"

I was quiet for a minute because I wasn't keeping in touch with her for him. "She's good, out in DC working and all. Why haven't you talked to her?"

"I don't know." He shrugged and looked down. "She left and I doubt she's coming back. It was a lost hope for us so I figured why not just let it and her go."

We stopped at my car and I unlocked it.

"I get what you're saying but you never know." I respond when we slid into the car.

To be honest, I didn't get it but it was none of my business. I had my own love life to think about even if the shit was nonexistent. I don't even think that I would ever have love for or feel love for anyone again.

It was too much and Siani Nicole McCoy was not going through it.

'Yeah right. I bet if Jamar came back around you would love for him.' I closed my eyes as that thought swirled into my brain like a storm.

Since the start of the summer, I had been having dreams and thoughts about Jamar. Not only was I having these thoughts and dreams, but, the deposits of money had started back up on a weekly basis.

I couldn't control them and the thought that I would ever let him back in or be with him again was crazy. It not only angered me but it picked at my heart.