• thirteen •

"h-have you ever b-been in l-love before?" minghao stuttered, it had become a common habit when he talked now. jun grinned and gently swept minghao's hair from his eyes.

"i am right now," jun said with a grin and minghao's cheeks blushed.

after the night that minghao had confessed they hadn't really spoke about it or anything of the sorts since. they sort of just had a mutual understanding of loving each other and wanting to stay together. jun held minghao and minghao rested in his arms. they hadn't become boyfriends, not officially, and there were no 'i love you's exchanged but there wasn't really a reason to. if they became something official a goodbye would be even hard and saying 'i love you' wasn't needed when they both just understood.

"m-me too," minghao softly spoke as he nuzzled his face into jun's warm chest. jun held the boy securely in his arms.

"i w-wish i could s-st-stick around longer.." minghao mumbled and jun slightly frowned.

"me too," jun spoke with his voice barely a whisper, minghao didn't hear him and just held onto him.

"t-thank you f-for tak-taking care of m-me," minghao thanked just like he had several times before and jun frowned again. he slightly separated himself from the boy and placed his warm palms onto minghao's face and made eye contact with him.

"how many time do i have to say that i want to petal? i want to spend time with you and be around you every second.. it's actually quite selfish," jun explained and minghao felt his face only get warmer as he blushed more.

"b-be as s-sel-selfish as you want," minghao said and jun smiled like a fool as he pulled the boy back to his chest and cuddled him dearly.

"i will," jun softly said and minghao grinned.

lemon nudged the door open and her small paws gently padded against the floor. she hopped up onto the bed and plopped down by their feet. minghao glanced down and the corners of his mouth upturned slightly, at least she'd be taken care of after he passed.

"d-don't forg-forget lemon's t-toys whenever i p-pass," minghao said, rather cheerfully, and jun just exhaled an amused exhale.

"i won't," jun said as he ran a hand through minghao's silk hair. minghao caught his hand with his own and pressed it to cheek. jun was always so warm.

"d-don't let h-her forget m-me," minghao stuttered and jun's heart clenched but he nodded nonetheless.

"i doubt she ever would baby," jun said as he gently stroked minghao's cheek with his thumb. minghao would miss her and jun when he was gone but knowing they'd have each other he was slightly put at ease.

"heh.. y-yeah i ho-hope so," minghao grinned and his eyes squinted into little crescents. jun would die for that smile a million times over. it was gorgeous.

five days, eight hours, fifty seconds.

"i-i'm feeling better t-today.. let's do so-something," minghao said as he sat on the couch with lemon on his lap. jun peeked around the corner as he wiped off his hands, he was in the process of making minghao breakfast.

"hm? like what petal?" jun asked and minghao shrugged. minghao didn't look better physically, not in the least bit, but he seemed happier today.

"a-anything," minghao said and jun grinned as he turned back to cooking while he thought.

"how about we go have an actual date? we can go get lunch somewhere and then go catch a movie.. y'know the usual cheesy date," jun proposed from the kitchen and he got silence as a response. he was about to turn around and check on minghao when he heard a bit of shuffling and a pair of skinny arms wrap around his waist.

"sounds w-wonderful," minghao said and jun smiled.

"but first you need to try and a eat a bit," jun said and minghao nodded. he found jun getting softer and more worried every day.

"okay,"

after eating minghao decided to get ready. yet he found the task far more challenging than he had thought it would be. all of his clothes were baggy and his frail figure looked weak and sickly. he sat on the floor next to his closet and sighed as he stared at the clothes. since when was dressing himself so challenging?

"bub? you done changing?" jun knocked from the door and minghao sighed. jun hated to pry but he had been in there for nearly fifteen minutes, he was concerned.

"c-come in," minghao said from the ground and the door swung open gently.

jun stepped in and frowned as he saw minghao sitting on the floor. without hesitation jun walked to him and sat on the floor beside him. minghao's head gently fell onto his shoulder and jun knew something was up.

"a-all of my cl-clothes look ba-bad.. i-i'm too sk-skinny.." minghao sighed and he hated to admit that this was affecting him quite a bit. he had never had a problem with dressing in the past.

"you can wear one of my shirts or hoodies if you want," jun said and minghao perked up. sure the item of clothing would only be bigger than minghao's initial closet but something about being wrapped in jun's scent seemed soothing.

"'c-can i?" minghao asked and jun nodded.

"let me get one," jun said as he pointed out his index finger and seemed to write something out into the air. a small hole opened up and jun stuck his arm in and grabbed something then swiped his hand over the hand to close it again.

minghao's mouth formed a small 'o' as he watched. all this time and the only sort of demon-like magic he had seen from jun was him putting out cigarettes on himself, lighting cigarettes with his finger, his intuition, and now him being able to open some sort of portal.

"cool, huh? it's my room," jun asked and minghao nodded. jun chuckled.

"here's a shirt and a hoodie, wear whichever." jun said and minghao took the two and grinned.

jun took that as his que and he walked out of the bedroom to let minghao change. minghao slipped off his old clothes and slipped on jun's black hoodie with some sort of red writing on it and safety pins on it here and there with some lighter wash ripped jeans. he slipped on a pair of sneakers as well then walked out of the bedroom.

"it's s-so co-comfy!" minghao chimed and jun's face shifted to a bright red as he spotted the gorgeous boy.

"holy shit.." jun mumbled and minghao glanced down at himself. did it look bad?

"wh-what?" minghao asked with a frown and jun got up from the couch and walked to the boy placing his arms around his small waist.

"you look so hot.. can i kiss you?" jun asked and minghao's face blushed a bright red as well.

"y-yeah!" minghao answered and jun smiled.

he leaned forward and pressed a kiss onto his lips. even though minghao hadn't seen jun smoking a cigarette in a day or two his lips faintly tasted of cigarette and slightly of a sweet candy. minghao melted into the affection. jun couldn't help but want more as he kept his lips pressed to minghao's. it wasn't their first ever kiss but it felt as if it was. it was messy and they were both running out of breath but it didn't matter much.

minghao broke the kiss as he panted to catch his breath. jun smirked and hugged the boy.

"you have such an affect on me,"

four days, sixteen hours, nine seconds.

• author's notes •

consent is sexy!!! you see how jun asked to kiss him? always ask for consent!!

anyways here's a longer chap for you guys <333 thank you for reading i hope you enjoyed !

-lilly