• one •

minghao sat on the couch as his new demon friend did god knows what in the kitchen. minghao couldn't believe that he always ended up in such shitty conditions and this was truly the icing on the cake. minghao couldn't think of what to do, should he just make some deal with the demon to get him to leave him alone? though it would cut his life span in half. minghao just sighed and looked to see lemon curling up beside him. he grinned and gently stroked her as she purred.

"hey, can i ask you something?" minghao asked and the demon peeked around the corner of the kitchen and looked to him.

"sure,"

"what's your name?" minghao asked and the demon let out a small gasp.

"i'll never tell you! demons only tell loved ones or family their names. it's confidential," the demon, who's name was jun, exclaimed and minghao began laughing.

"for real? that's so lame!" minghao said as he laughed and the demon pouted.

"it's not lame! it's very romantic-"

"it's not! it's super lame!" minghao said as he clutched his stomach and kept laughing.

"you're so mean," jun said as he continued to pout and turned away. minghao's laughter died down and he swiped a tear away from the corner of his eye.

"should i tell you my name? or would that be breaking tradition?" minghao asked just to tease him but the demon peeked over his shoulder with slightly blushed cheeks. it took all of minghao's willpower to not start laughing again.

"shut up! now tell me what you want from me!" jun demanded and minghao sighed.

"i dunno.. you're too annoying to keep as a housemate and i'm not ever bullied so i don't need a body guard.." minghao said and jun scoffed.

"annoying? excuse me-"

"see what i mean?" minghao teased and jun pouted again.

"well you can ask for money or a new car.. maybe a good career? you can ask for anything." jun said as he plopped onto the couch beside minghao.

"i don't need any of that." minghao said and jun's face twisted to confusion.

"really? then what do you need?" jun asked and minghao just sighed and laid his head back.

what he needed was someone to love him. he was tired of being so lonely all the time. minghao wanted someone to share his troubles with and someone to hold him tightly. he knew better than to tell a demon that because it would only end in being laughed at. minghao glanced over to jun who was watching him with curious red eyes. he looked at minghao like he could see right through him.

"is it maybe.. you want a lover?" jun asked, which was completely a guess, and minghao's eyes widened and cheeks turned slightly red from embarrassment and he turned away.

"no fuckin way! i'll be damned! mr.sassy is lonely!" jun teased and minghao just sighed and dropped his head.

"fuck off will you? just get out of my house and cut my lifespan in half. i don't feel like being ridiculed." minghao said as he stood up and began walking towards his bedroom.

jun bit down on his lip as his heart sort of ached. he felt as if he rubbed salt into a wound on accident. jun didn't like the mortal but he knew all too well how loneliness was the worst curse anyone could go through. jun just sighed as he sat on the couch, he couldn't just take the boy's soul for no reason. there was something he had to give in return, it was technically a rule. jun stood up from the couch and walked to the bedroom door and knocked, there was no response.

"mortal?" jun asked as he opened the door but there was no response. jun wasn't very good with boundaries.

he stepped into the room and saw minghao fast asleep. jun sighed and placed a blanket over the mortal before leaving the room. jun sat back down on the couch and looked to the ceiling.

"the fuck am i supposed to do now?" jun asked himself as he closed his eyes, of course he got stuck in the shitty situation.

there was a faint meow from the couch and jun slowly opened his eyes. he spotted the cat and smiled, he hadn't seen one in so long. there wasn't many things that jun missed from the mortal world but cats was surely one of them. jun reached out and gently stroked the cat's head and she began to purr. maybe the situation didn't suck as bad now that he knew minghao had a cat.

minghao woke up to the sun peeking in through his curtains. he rubbed his eyes and stretched before getting out of bed. he had to give it to his brain for coming up with such imaginative dreams like summoning a demon. minghao walked out of his room and towards the living room. his sleepiness quickly went away as he spotted the demon from his dream with an apron on and a cigarette in his mouth as he cooked breakfast.

"oh fuck me.." minghao mumbled and jun smirked as he heard him.

"if that's what you would like then-"

"why are you still here?!" minghao yelled as he interrupted him from even saying another word.

"because i can't just take your soul!" jun said as he turned to face minghao. he looked hilarious with his scary appearance then cat apron on.

"please.. someone put me out of my misery!" minghao pleaded and jun scoffed.

"oh come on! i'm not that bad!" jun said and minghao gave him that look.

"you're smoking in my enclosed apartment where smoking isn't allowed!" minghao scolded and jun just exhaled the smoke from the cigarette. minghao was about two seconds from slapping him, he really didn't want to give his landlord a reason to evict him.

"why isn't smoking allowed? humans are so lame.." jun mumbled and minghao glared at him.

"if you don't put out that cigarette i'll send you back to the depths of hell myself." minghao said with quite the frightening tone and voice and jun, who was surprisingly scared by him, jolted to attention.

"okay! okay!" jun said with a sheepish smile as he looked for somewhere to put the cigarette out but just turned it to his hand and extinguished it by pressing it to his hand.

"what the hell is wrong with you?" minghao yelled as he stared to jun's hand and jun just looked at him confused.

"huh?" jun asked and minghao walked beside him and grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink.

"is your hand okay?" minghao asked and pulled jun's hand closer so he could see it easier but there was no burn mark. jun chuckled.

"i'm a demon a little burn from a cigarette isn't going to hurt me."

"yeah, i guess you're right.. you just scared me that's all."

"oh my god! don't say you were worried for me? don't say you've fallen in love!"

"oh fuck off!"

• author's notes •

hi! thank you for reading this chap i hope you enjoyed <3 also all of the comments from last chapter made me cackle omg yall are wilding .. also writing like chaotic characters is so much fun?? i hope you guys like it <333

-lilly