• eight •

minghao laid on the picnic blanket as he looked at the sky. jun had a sad grin on his face. as much as he didn't want to look at minghao like he was dying he couldn't help it. his heart ached and he didn't want to see the boy disappear so suddenly. jun regretted every second of making a deal with minghao.

"stop looking at me like that.. i'm not dead yet." minghao said as he glanced over to him and jun sighed.

"i don't want you to go," jun said as he laid onto the blanket next to minghao. minghao just chuckled as he continued to watch the sky.

"you barely even know me why do you want me to stay so bad?" minghao asked and jun looked from minghao to the sky.

"that's exactly why i want you to stay.. i wanna know more. you're the only person that has ever been able to make me feel like this. i get nervous when you're not around me, i'm constantly thinking about you, i don't wanna be away from you, i wanna hold you in my arms.. i just.. i don't want to be alone anymore." jun confessed and minghao's face turned red. was he being serious? before minghao could even properly think about what to say he blurted the dumbest thing.

"sounds like you got a crush," minghao teased and jun grinned.

"i guess so," jun said as he knew all to well that despite minghao's remark his red face explained that he felt the same. maybe it would take time for minghao to admit it and even though they didn't have much jun was willing to wait.

after that there was silence. just the two of them staring at the sky watching the clouds pass. minghao felt his eyelids get heavy as the sun gently warmed him and he didn't fight it. a simple time like this was meant to be enjoyed so minghao allowed himself to. minghao fell asleep quickly and jun just grinned as he slipped his jacket off and placed if over the sleeping boy.

minghao woke up as the sun began to set and the sky turned gorgeous shades of pink, purple, and orange. he glanced over to jun who was still laying on the blanket beside him but he was awake. their eyes met and minghao grinned which brought a smile to jun's face as well. the golden sun lit up jun's face as he smiled and minghao's heart throbbed. it hurt to love someone you couldn't have forever.

"do you wanna go get some street food?"

"ooo! i love human street food! lets go!" jun chimed as he hopped up to his feet and minghao grinned. minghao followed him and got up but as he stood he realized that jun's jacket was wrapped around him.

"here's your jacket-"

"keep it, it looks better on you." jun said with a smile and minghao's face blushed red again as he shyly nodded and slipped the jacket back on. it was warm and radiated that familiar scent of gunpowder and sandalwood.

as they walked down the main street now lit up by led signs and street lights minghao couldn't help but hate the bittersweet moment. he honestly didn't want to leave in thirteen days no matter how much he tried to play it off. jun noticed minghao's suddenly sad expression and reached down to intertwine their hands. minghao glanced to him as he held his hand and jun just smiled.

"do you wanna look at the stars?" jun asked calmly as if he knew everything that was going on and minghao just nodded.

they ended up at an empty park sitting on the swing set as their hands were loosely intertwined. minghao looked to the stars while jun looked at his gentle features illuminated by the moonlight. jun didn't want him to leave either. minghao looked over suddenly as if he had realized something and the two made eye contact.

"thanks for doing all of this with me," minghao said with a grin and jun shook his head. minghao didn't need to thank him like he was doing this for some good deed, in reality it was almost selfish why he was doing it. he wanted to spend every moment with minghao before he couldn't.

"don't thank me, i wanted to." jun confessed and minghao smiled and gripped his hand. minghao really did appreciate every moment he was spending with jun and he didn't want to lose a second of it. minghao almost felt like confessing to jun and telling him how he felt but it almost seemed pointless when he was to die so soon but then again it would be the only thing he would regret if he didn't do it now.

"hey," minghao called and jun kept his eyes on him but his eyes twisted to confusion. minghao took a deep breath and made eye contact with jun again.

"i know it's stupid to say this now and it's practically pointless but i don't want to regret this but also please don't make fun of me or hate me-"

"take a deep breath, you're rambling. i'm not going to make fun of you or hate you," jun said as he squeezed minghao's hand gently and minghao nodded and took a deep breath. his heart had never thumped this hard before and he had never been so scared to say something.

"i like you.. like like you.. i guess you could say i love you.. i don't know it's stupid-"

jun lunged towards him and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"you're rambling again,"

twelve days, nineteen hours, seven seconds.

• author's notes •

howdy ho hi <3 thank you for reading i hope you enjoyed !! i tried to make this chap a bit more sweet also minghao finally came out w his feelings we stan and jun is of course whipped and in love w him

see everyone in the next update !!

-lilly