• eleven •

jun sighed as he stared at his wrist and watched the seconds tick by. why was time moving so fast? jun was used to days passing by so agonizingly slow but when he spend time with minghao he found hours feeling as if they were minutes. he wanted time to stop. every time he spotted the time ticking down on his wrist it killed his mood. it was a constant reminder that he was a monster, nothing but a killer. a demon who stole the soul of those he loved. minghao peeked over to him staring at his wrist and frowned a bit. minghao made his way over and crouched down and grabbed his wrist and pressed his lips to it gently.

"i love you," minghao reminded and jun just grinned and smiled. when he saw the way those eyes looked to him he felt human. when he felt his usual dead heart thump excitedly and his cheeks blush he felt human. minghao made him feel human.

"i love you too," jun replied and minghao stood up and straddled his lap. he pressed a kiss to jun's lips and jun placed his hands on minghao's waist bur frowned upon feeling bones peeking through.

"did you lose weight?" jun asked as he broke the kiss and minghao glanced down and sighed. he hoped that jun wouldn't notice. he had been steadily losing weight no matter how much he ate since a few days ago and this morning he weighed himself and noticed he had lost a significant amount.

"j-just a bit," minghao lied and jun sighed, minghao was already so skinn. it was a sign of minghao's health decreasing. they still had a little over a week, why was it already starting to show?

"how much?" jun asked and minghao dropped his head. he knew if he told him how much it really was he would freak out but lying would only make it worse.

"p-probably s-six or s-seven pounds.." minghao mumbled and jun's eyes widened. losing that much weight in such little time was very alarming.

"w-we should go to a-a ho-hospital!" jun began panicking and minghao just shook his head and pulled him into a tight hug. minghao didn't want to go to the hospital, if he went to the hospital then it meant he wouldn't be able to see jun as much or that they couldn't go on a picnic by the river or have street food or stargaze at a park again.

"n-no. please.. just let me spend as much time with you as i can," minghao pleaded and jun sighed into his chest and hugged him back. he hated that he could faintly feel minghao's spine as he embraced him. he hated this, he hated it all.

"you're gonna have to eat more," jun said and minghao sadly grinned. he knew it was the only way to slightly ease jun's worries.

"i'll try my best," minghao replied and jun squeezed him tighter as he inhaled his scent. the sweet scent of his one true love.

they stayed like that for a while. minghao on his lap holding jun tightly while jun held him back. jun inhaled minghao's soothing scent as minghao stroked his hair. the moment was soft and wonderful in every way but jun couldn't get the feeling of minghao's boney hips and bumpy spine out of his head. it was only going to get worse from here and they both knew it.

"let's go out today, hm?" minghao asked and jun nodded into his chest. this was possibly one of their last days where they could actually do something and minghao wouldn't let that slip away from him.

"where should we go?" jun asked as he released minghao from the hug. minghao sat back on his lap and thought for a second.

"a movie? amusement park? arcade? something cliche," minghao said and jun grinned, he never thought of minghao to be the type to go on cliche dates but jun didn't mind.

"lets go to the arcade, that sounds fun." jun said and minghao smiled and nodded.

"i'm gonna get dressed! wait for me!" minghao said as he sprung up off of jun's lap and jun smiled and nodded.

"be careful baby, you're even more frail now," jun said softly even though the boy couldn't hear him.

jun sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, he couldn't let his sadness show around minghao. he knew minghao was struggling with it too but he managed to push it away enough to enjoy what was left but jun couldn't stop thinking about it. he knew their time was fleeting and that they should enjoy it but his heart felt so heavy. it was being ripped out of his chest day by day.

"i'm ready! let's go," minghao said as he held out his hand and jun smiled as he stood and intertwined their fingers.

jun glanced down at minghao as he walked and while he seemed happy there was just a twinge of sadness in his face. minghao knew he was deteriorating and he wished he could stop it, he hated seeing jun so worried and sad about him. minghao wanted to enjoy whatever was left of his life and to him there was no better plan than to do it with jun. he glanced up and made eye contact with jun and smiled. jun smiled back even as he could see the sadness in minghao's smile.

once they arrived at the arcade and jun spent an excessive amount of money on chips for minghao, while minghao was in the bathroom, they found themselves playing street fighter against each other. minghao was secretly a god at the game, after playing it with his cousins so much, while jun was a clueless button smasher. the screen read K.O! in big red letters and minghao knocked out jun's character again. jun looked over to the boy and minghao smiled at him.

"how are you so good?" jun asked and minghao chuckled as he shrugged.

"practice! for a demon you're not good at many things," minghao teased and jun frowned as he lunged forwards and pressed a kiss onto minghao's lips causing him to melt instantly. the arcade wasn't crowded but the few that saw the steamy kiss walked away quickly leaving the two alone in front of the street fighter machine.

"i'm good at that though,"

eight days, ten hours, forty three seconds.

• author's notes •

hiii thank you for reading this chapter i hope you enjoyed! pls let me know how it was <333

also i have a new soonhoon book out!! it's a soccer au and so far i'm having quite a bit of fun writing it so i would rlly appreciate it if you would check it out too!! it's called deflection <3 https://my.w.tt/c5IlwoFuz9

-lilly