• two •

jun sat on the edge bathtub as he watched minghao get ready for work. he was infatuated as he watched minghao blend together colors, swipe on mascara, choose a lipstick that worked well with the rest of his face, but his favorite part was the rhinestones that minghao put in the corner of his eyes. minghao worked at a bar, specifically a gay bar, and basically got paid to talk to drunk gay guys and hoped that none of them would try and make a move.

"so what do you do?" jun asked as he had been wondering and minghao just sighed. minghao knew he was bound to ask by how much he was staring and he honestly didn't want to talk to the demon much, he had a feeling the more they got to know each other the worse it would be.

"i work at a bar," minghao answered as he tried to give as little details as possible but the demon let out an excited gasp. minghao knew he was in for an interrogation now.

"oh shit! can you make a good martini?" jun asked as he was dying for some liquor, especially a killer martini.

"not like that you idiot," minghao answered and jun's face twisted to confusion.. was he a more sensual bar worker?

"do you.. y'know.. do it with people then?" jun asked as if he was about to get scolded for talking about sex and minghao just turned away from the mirror and stared at him.

"i work at a gay bar and talk to drunk guys and make them buy more liquor," minghao answered and jun let out a sigh of relief but he immediately put his guard back up seconds later as he thought about a drunk guy touching minghao.

"do they touch you?" jun asked as his eyes squinted and minghao just let out a sigh and turned back to the mirror as he resumed his eyeliner.

"well yeah sometimes, shit happens." minghao answered and jun let out an offended gasp. no one was allowed to touch his mortal, jun needed that soul and he wasn't going to let anyone harm it.

"the fuck? don't let douches like that touch you! you shouldn't work somewhere like that," jun said with a pout and minghao nearly snapped his eyeliner pencil in half. what had he done for karma to fuck him over this way? he just had to accidentally summon a demon who had the most bipolar personality.

"why do you care so much? i have to make money and it's something i'm good at. i can deal with a few handsy bastards," minghao said and he walked out of the bathroom, jun followed of course.

"whatever.. be careful okay?" jun said and minghao just rolled his eyes as he slipped on his shoes and put a jacket on over his top, wearing a thin blouse in winter wasn't ideal.

"you sound like my mom. don't tear up the place or smoke inside while i'm gone." minghao said and jun just nodded.

"yeah yeah,"

minghao entered the bar through the employees only door and was greeted by one of his coworkers, mingyu, who worked as a sort of bodyguard but also had his few customers. minghao slipped off his jacket and sat down in front of the vanity and adjusted his hair. mingyu peeked over to minghao and noticed he was dressed rather stunning tonight.

he had on a thin silk blouse that hung loosely off his body that complimented his slender figure well along with the choker that clung to his neck. his shirt was tucked in and made his waist look even thinner with the belt pulled tight. his pants were black and tight, just as most of his customers liked, and he wore his usual dress shoes.

"really stepped up the outfit tonight, huh?" mingyu asked and minghao looked at himself in the mirror. he had dressed like this because a recent regular had taken a liking to minghao and requested he wore something "nicer" the next time he came.

"that ceo is coming in, he wanted me to dress nicer." minghao said with a sigh and mingyu nodded.

"good luck, i heard he's been kicked out of other clubs before because he tried to take advantage of several other boys. i'll be keeping an eye on you," mingyu warned and minghao gave him a hum in response.

"don't worry i can handle him," minghao said and he stood up and began towards the door.

minghao walked out into the bar and grinned at the other boys and their customers before sitting at his usual table. minghao ordered some drinks from the bartender, wonwoo, and waited for his appointment for the night to arrive.

"hello gorgeous," the man said as he loosened his tie and sat next to minghao.

"good evening, sir. i ordered you what you had last time," minghao said and he slid the drink over to him. he grinned and ran his finger over the brim of the cup.

"such a smart one.. so attractive as well.." the man complimented before lifting the glass to his lips and took a drink.

"thank you, you're quite the attractive one as well." minghao responded and the man smirked.

"i wonder how much more attractive you'd be without those clothes on," he suggested as he placed a hand on minghao's thigh and minghao just smiled as he grit his teeth resisting decking him right there.

"i hate to say this but we don't offer that service here," minghao said with a calm tone and the man only gripped his thigh tighter and began running his hand up and down.

"oh but i'm sure you could make an exception for me, hm? i can pay as much as you want," he said as his voice turned to a whisper as he got closer to minghao. his hand was uncomfortably close to minghao's crotch but minghao was used to this, as long as he didn't try anything else it would be fine.

"sir, please move your hand." minghao pleaded as he glanced to try and find mingyu but mingyu had gotten swept up by a customer. minghao mentally cursed himself as he looked at the man's build, if he tried to fight the guy could easily knock his lights out. minghao was strong but he knew how much he could take.

"oh? you want me to move it? how about here instead," the guy responded as he put his hand onto minghao's crotch and groped it. minghao bit down on his lip.

"sir, i will call securit-"

"shut the fuck up and take it." the man said as he put his hand over minghao's mouth. minghao's eyes widened as he realized he couldn't be patient anymore.

minghao bit down onto his hand and the guy retracted it, he looked shocked. minghao swung his leg up and kicked the man off of him, which caught wonwoo's attention. wonwoo began to hop the bar when the guy swung and hit minghao square in the mouth busting his lip instantly. minghao lifted his arms as the guy continued to try and swing before wonwoo grabbed the guy's arm and swung it around and pinned him down. mingyu, who had noticed the commotion after spotting wonwoo jump the bar, was running over. minghao moved his arms and slowly sat up as he rubbed his head. blood dripped from his mouth onto his shirt and he tried to catch it with his hand.

"fucking bastard," minghao mumbled, this was gonna be so wonderful to explain to jun after he was already doubting his job.

• author's notes •

man fuck that bitch but that's not the point- i rlly hope you guys are enjoying this book because i'm having a lot of fun writing it! thank you for reading <3

-lilly